new computer needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sykes

Any one knows of a good wireless cycle computer with cadence?

and a good online store to get it from?

Tynan

Veteran
almost anywhere surely? it's an out off the box off the shelf option I'd have thought

some of the wireless ones struggle with some of the new lights I think

chris42

Tynan said:
almost anywhere surely? it's an out off the box off the shelf option I'd have thought

some of the wireless ones struggle with some of the new lights I think

most wireless computers will struggle with high power LED lights.

ajevans

I love the Sigma BC1600 with cadence kit.

It's got a really clear display, is easy to use and has a very secure fitting as opposed to the Cateye alternatives which can be easily knocked off the bike.

Plus if you've got more than one bike you can buy spare fittings so you don't need to buy 2 computers as it also has a function to keep settings separate for 2 bikes in case you haven't different size wheels or just prefer to keep mileage records separate.

Tynan

Veteran
I got a wired one by accident after dithering in the shop before a service, they fitted a wired one, it doesn't bother me one iota and it was half the price

I do wish I'd got cadence though, might still do seeing as the current one was so cheap

gavintc

Guru
I would never again fit a wireless one. I found that my LED light affected it, then some traffic lights sent it spinning at high speed and I finally went for the Astrale Cateye (now obsolete). My wife persevered with wireless and we bought her the upmarket Cateye one (it grudgingly cost me £70) to replace the cheapy ones that both of us had. A year later, despite interfering with her front light, it finally stopped working. New batteries fitted, spent an afternoon attempting all sorts of repair and then decided it was as dead as a Norwegian Blue. So, my experience -a waste of time and money. My wired Cateyes (I have 2) have worked a treat for over 2 yrs with only a battery change.

Edit: Cateye Astrale and its replacement (can't remember name) work off the rear wheel and crank allowing speed and cadence to work on a turbo.

chris42

if you don't use LED lights and you want a heart rate monitor as well the the polar 720i is a fantastic bit of kit. if this is interesting don't go for the 725I as the 720 is cheaper and there is virtually no difference in the functions.

Keith Oates

Janner
Another vote for Cateye from me, although I would not go wireless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tynan

Veteran
'27mph while standing next to bike rolling a tab'

can't say fairer than that surely?

gbyers

sykes said:
Any one knows of a good wireless cycle computer with cadence?

and a good online store to get it from?

Don't overlook the local bike shop, they're not always more expensive and they're a resource worth preserving.

Tynan

Veteran
depend what you need to do I guess but I have no idea for regular riding beyond cadence and that can be had for £30 tops

it's a lot of money in the scheme of things, to me anyway

no offence was meant if you're sporting £500 of the finest cycle computer on your ride

Top Bottom