1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New cycling app - feedback needed

Discussion in 'Research and Questionnaires' started by anyis, 25 Aug 2016.

1. anyis

anyis New Member

Hi Everyone!

We are looking for feedback! We are a group of cycling enthusiasts and we are building a cycling app called Paxira. We just released an early version of the app with one of the app’s core features - cycling tracking. We would like to get some feedback on the app and see what we should improve.

If you have an Android phone, we invite you to download the app and test it out.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=life.paxira.app

Any feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

We are not on iOS yet, but we will be working on that soon.

david k and matiz like this.
  2. Marmion

Marmion Guru

Strange name, sounds like a turkey stuffing mix

3. coffeejo

coffeejo Ælfrēd

Is it just me having not drunk enough coffee this morning but what does it actually do? Does it just track where you've been, or is it a sat nav, or something like Strava?
    #colourmeconfused

mjr likes this.
  4. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Not on Google. Is it on F-Droid?

5. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Maybe mixed with some disease, like Paxo + Diptheria?

6. Not on iOS? Ok, let me travel back in time 10 years and see if it's any good.

Cuchilo likes this.
  7. New member, no idea who you are. Very basic explanation of what it is you are trying to achieve. You want me to download something? You don't happen to have a Nigerian bank account as well do you?

8. Nibor

Nibor Über Member

Just googled it

Next Gen Cycling Tracker
    If you ride your bike for fitness, commuting or professionally, Paxira is an activity tracker for cycling with many social and game like aspects as well as detailed tracking to get more from your rides and improve your fitness level. TRACK YOUR RIDE ▪ Track your ride on the map via Google Maps and GPS ▪ Indicate statistics such as duration, distance, pace, calories and elevation changes ▪ See your speed and elevation data in charts ▪ All activities are saved on the cloud BE SOCIAL ▪ Follow and be followed, keep up with your friends ▪ Send messages to other cyclists ▪ Join or create events to share fun KEEP MOTIVATED ▪ Earn achievements by doing activities ▪ Create or join teams WEATHER FORECAST ▪ Keep up with real time weather forecast in every detail ▪ Check upcoming forecast for the next days We are calling Paxira the "Next Gen Activity Tracker" because we are mainly focusing on keeping your motivation in different ways to support you on your fitness goals while making it fun! Join us, be a part of our community! Enjoy your cycle.

I think I will stick with Garmin connect and Strava.

9. Drago

Drago Guru

No Windows app?

Ffoeg likes this.
  10. J1888

J1888 Senior Member

Windows app? Shirley shum mishtake! :laugh:

11. The OP never returned.

No surprise there then.

coffeejo likes this.