New cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamie McC

Hi all , I'm new to cycling and am about to buy my first road bike . I have a £650 budget and I am currently trying to choose between two bikes . The Specialized Allez or Scott Speedster 40 . Could you please give me your opinions. Thank you

Hi all , I'm new to cycling and am about to buy my first road bike . I have a £650 budget and I am currently trying to choose between two bikes . The Specialized Allez or Scott Speedster 40 . Could you please give me your opinions. Thank you
Hello!

Looking at them there's really not much difference in either spec or components - the main difference I can see is that the Allez has carbon forks which, if they're decent, will improve the handling.

I'd recommend going to the bike shop, test riding both and seeing which one you prefer.
Ed

Lauris

20190415_193717.jpg
I bought the Allez a week ago. It is a fantastic bike, I personally love it.

Last edited:
Good morning

Try before you buy is always good advice but often hard to do in practice.:-)

If you can find a shop with both and the shop is happy to set them both up for you then great, but you say that you are new to cycling so you probably won't really be able to tell the difference with a short ride and will not be offered a long enough ride to really discover what suits you. :-)

If you can only try one locally then I would seriously consider buying that one regardless of which bike is better in an absolute sense.

The value of being able to go back the shop that you sold you the bike and ask a "stupid" question or possibly get a bolt tightened for free will probably be far greater than the difference between the bikes.

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom