New Eastons - Can't Fit Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
well, as I said the VAR is a good solution on the road side - however, if you're at home now you should have no trouble finding something to help you get them on.

talc is better than soap - I find soap just makes everything slippery including fingers

use some plastic tyre levers - there is an art to it but if done carefully it's easy and simple and unlikely to damage, tyre, tube or rim.

Get the VAR on order today. Some shops will ship same day - order by phone and say you need it ASAP. I've got a VAR, and although I don't need to call on it very often, it works brilliantly (altohugh I've never broken one; I suspect that they could be broken if you know what I mean ie. it's just made of plastic).

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
tundragumski said:
well, as I said the VAR is a good solution on the road side - however, if you're at home now you should have no trouble finding something to help you get them on.

talc is better than soap - I find soap just makes everything slippery including fingers

use some plastic tyre levers - there is an art to it but if done carefully it's easy and simple and unlikely to damage, tyre, tube or rim.

Get the VAR on order today. Some shops will ship same day - order by phone and say you need it ASAP. I've got a VAR, and although I don't need to call on it very often, it works brilliantly (altohugh I've never broken one; I suspect that they could be broken if you know what I mean ie. it's just made of plastic).

Cheers all. VAR on order. Worse case it will have to wait a few days, but I was always going to need the VAR for the saddle bag.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Oh chris knows about using talc, he was giving lessons on auntie helens coast ride :smile:

2n8rn8l.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Talc......

Don't know about Gators, but got Conti 4 GP Seasons and they fit as easily as Mich Pro Race 2/3 tyres - i.e. no need for levers...just thumb, but they are both kevlar foldable....

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
fossyant said:
Talc......

Don't know about Gators, but got Conti 4 GP Seasons and they fit as easily as Mich Pro Race 2/3 tyres - i.e. no need for levers...just thumb, but they are both kevlar foldable....

It's a direct result of the incident tc1 refers to (Thanks tc!) that I was looking for tyres with a bit more protection to use out in the Essex wilds otherwise I would have settled for Michelin Race or similar.

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
ChrisKH said:
It's a direct result of the incident tc1 refers to (Thanks tc!) that I was looking for tyres with a bit more protection to use out in the Essex wilds otherwise I would have settled for Michelin Race or similar.

where about in essex do you live??

my dad lives down there in great totham and is using Michelin Lithion 2 and has never punchered so well worth looking at

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=Y0103

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
MadoneRider1991 said:
where about in essex do you live??

my dad lives down there in great totham and is using Michelin Lithion 2 and has never punchered so well worth looking at

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=Y0103

He's clearly never been on a ride with Auntie Helen ;). We went through Great Totham on a marathon ride home from one of her rides last year. Or would have, if we hadn't followed someone's Garmin to Tollesbury. I'm from Benfleet which is much further south.

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
ChrisKH said:
He's clearly never been on a ride with Auntie Helen ;). We went through Great Totham on a marathon ride home from one of her rides last year. Or would have, if we hadn't followed someone's Garmin to Tollesbury. I'm from Benfleet which is much further south.

haha how many miles did you end up doing then??

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
and he goes out riding on his own or with me when i get the time to go up there for the holidays ;)

Top Bottom