New Feature?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Do not touch it and it has very little effect^_^
It's annoying me too, it keeps appearing and disappearing; it's also too big imo.
Was gonna ask about it, but @classic beat me ^_^

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I am only on a Kindle8 can you not just slide the screen up a bit, as it is no problem on this.
I can, but any movement of the screen brings it up. This on a pc, third post down.
How Far.jpg

Sharky

Guru
On my primitive smart phone, it takes ages scrolling up to the top again. I find the new feature really useful.
Thanks

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
For the last few days, the scroll up and scroll down arrows on the far right side of the screen only seem to have worked about 50% of the time. The pages just lock up. Are there any other fellow sufferers out there?

Shaun

Founder
Given that we already have "top" links on each post and at the bottom of each page, is it not a bit redundant? It is a bit disconcerting, just lurking there in the corner...
The 'Top' link under each post only works on thread view and you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a long post to click it - this new button works in a universal position on all pages, is triggered at the same scroll-down point, and allows a quick return to the top for long posts (which can be considerably longer in portrait mode on mobiles). :okay:

The default blue block was quite large and had no transparency; the updated orange one is smaller and uses CSS with 65% opacity so you can see text through it. If you cannot scroll past it to get at a link underneath, just wait a few seconds and it will fade out. Scroll again to reactivate.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can see that being useful on a small screen, but how about configuring it to not appear unless you're on a mobile / small screen? It's really very irritating on a decent size screen where it's not needed but keeps flashing up all the time.
I don't usually access the Internet much from my phone because I don't have a data package, but I just used it on wifi to check ... The orange 'top' box does look less obtrusive on the phone and is useful. Like you though, I would prefer not to see it on the screens of my larger devices.

Top Bottom