FNRttC New FNRttC Website...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Wow, if anyone made a high-viz vest/gillet for women with pockets, I'd wear that!
Sad to say that I, in my senility, appear to have mislaid the Very Beautiful Gilet from Endura that i tarted up with lots of reflective strips, and a super large pocket on the back with a zip. It also had little bits of material for attaching a few flashing rear lights. I did it all my own self, using my pre-WW1 German Frister & Rossman sewing machine. However, I have ordered a replacement via t'interwebs.

You see, sometimes I have to ride with a lot of cyclists in front of me and a lot of angry car drivers behind me, trying to get past and wondering why I'm preventing them from doing that by deliberately cycling in the middle of the road. It's less nerve-wracking when you are lit up like a Christmas tree on acid. Just sayin'.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Recumbent. Methinks.
I met an English PBP rider called Lee, think he was on a recumbent, in the hotel before PBP, seemed a decent enough chap.

swansonj

Guru
My five years of studiously not learning Latin pay off, again.
Don't get me started. I am currently in Paris for a committee writing an international standard. Yesterday I was asked, as the native English speaker, to adjudicate between a Frenchman and an Austrian as to whether it should be "indexes" or "indices".

Reactions: srw

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I don't think Lee was ever persona non grata. I recall banning Mr. Jay - for general foolishness - but I might have dreamt that in a rubbish hotel in Kings Lynn.
If Mr Jay (I know that's not his name but it annoys him...) ever wishes to come on one of my rides, he'd be barred for his own safety. I could not handle him lecturing self and others for hours on the supposed illegality of their lights, their pedals, his ideas on road design.......

Last edited:

frank9755

Cyclist
Yebbut - can she scoff a Spoons breakfast as fast as @User? And ride as fast as @frank9755?

She is an outstanding rider and getting better all the time. She is widely tipped as being the person with the best chance of breaking the premier record in British cycling, Beryl Burton's 12-hour distance (which has stood since 1967 and was longer than the then men's record). She's also very pleasant and regularly comes along to our club TTs at Hillingdon for a quick Wednesday-evening leg stretch.

Top Bottom