New Forest Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G-Zero

Über Member
A member of a motorhome forum that I frequent put a post on last night complimenting a Lycra clad male cyclist, on a busy road through the New Forest for pulling over and waving their coach past, as it was unable to overtake due to oncoming vehicles.
Unfortunately she didn't say when, or give a better location, but she was very complimentary.

Well done if it was you, it's nice to see a little bit of positive press.

A member of a motorhome forum that I frequent put a post on last night complimenting a Lycra clad male cyclist, on a busy road through the New Forest for pulling over and waving their coach past, as it was unable to overtake due to oncoming vehicles.
Unfortunately she didn't say when, or give a better location, but she was very complimentary.

Well done if it was you, it's nice to see a little bit of positive press.
I always pull into the gravel traps,and wave lorries and anything else that's big that is hanging behind me when I'm down that way.

Stephenite

Membå
Why should the cyclist pull over? It's not as if they could park in a lay-by, grill some sausages and enjoy them on a fold-out table with a can of something low-alcohol, watching the world go by, is it?

Why should the cyclist pull over? It's not as if they could park in a lay-by, grill some sausages and enjoy them on a fold-out table with a can of something low-alcohol, watching the world go by, is it?
It's about rights and responsibilities. We cyclists have a right to be on the same road, at the same time, as the big thing. I feel it's my responsibility to make sure I allow the big thing, to proceed without undue hinderence. If I can safely move over a bit ( maybe ride along a long lay-by) and let the big thing get along more easily, then I personally think I should.

Fantastic. It's been a least few days before the 'should cyclists pull over' has gone back and forth 5,000,000 times.

Stephenite

Membå
It's about rights and responsibilities. We cyclists have a right to be on the same road, at the same time, as the big thing. I feel it's my responsibility to make sure I allow the big thing, to proceed without undue hinderence. If I can safely move over a bit ( maybe ride along a long lay-by) and let the big thing get along more easily, then I personally think I should.
Eh? He/she could have shared their sausages is all I'm saying.

Top Bottom