new forum perhaps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
how about a new forum for think how/ imagine how/ heard a rumour how? :tongue:

it's be handy place for them that like to be heard/have nothing better to do and would keep know how clear for people with real knowledge and experience to give sensible advice to those that are asking questions, presumably becuase they want real answers. :tongue::whistle:

here's a couple of priceless examples - the respondants identity has been removed to protect the silly

Not too much help on SA I'm afraid... but ordinary freewheel hubs certainly do get stuck (usually at lower temps)
Sheldon has a guide for dis-assembling and servicing those.....along with the advice not to bother. Would imagine that applies even more so to SA hubs.

Dribbling light oil (something like 3 in 1 maybe) through it MIGHT work if you are lucky.

If it were mine I'd be looking to buy a new hub (if available) and rebuild the wheel - that's a lot easier than messing with the internals of 30 y.o. hubs

all three points are utterly & entirely wrong, and entirely based on the imaginings of the respodant who has zero experience in the subject

I was talking to my local bike shop owner about sturmy archer hub gears some months ago. I think he said since they closed down in England, can't remember which city they made them could have been Derby. Any way they are now made in Asia and are mostly plastic and cheap inside. so i was told.
Like someone has said there use to be a hole in the hub to lubricate so it does make sense that the hole has since gone because all there is inside now is plastic

this is just typing something for typing somethings sake, isn't it?

let's all try to only answer in know how, only if we actually know how :smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
There's already a forum for random made-up idiocy - P&L, if I'm not mistaken...
*ducks*

Top Bottom