New forums: Open for preview soon

Shaun

Founder
The skin development is now complete for the new forums and I will open them up for general preview within the next few days.

Due to my personal schedule I will have to squeeze the forum transfer in on the weekend of 9th July, so you'll get 10 days or so to preview it.

I realise this isn't much time, but I don't think you'll have too many problems as most of the standard stuff works like most other forums and you should find that you quickly become acustomed to where the new buttons and thing-a-me-bobs are.

Once we are transferred over I will try to write some guides with screen-shots to illustrate some of the differences - however, I'm sure some of the beta testers will be able to lend a hand if anyone gets really stuck.

I'll post the site details once it's ready ... stay tuned. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Shaun :blush:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Well done Shaun, keep up the good work! You're a legend really. Thanks!

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I installed the new skin last night so hopefully later this evening I can open the test forums for you to preview the new software.

Might be later on though as I have to clean the fish tank first!!!

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

peteoc

why not open the forums, then clean the fish tank? That way once you're done you can come back to all the bugs we may find ;)

I rather like it having had a furtle. Looking forward to the switchover now. Is there anyway of viewing who's Online and what threads are being read like you can on here?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
ColinJ said:
My feedback is that the "New forum software feedback" thread is locked so I can't comment there that it should be unlocked! :blush:

The thread is locked because it's just a notice really that I put in there to start that forum off.

I didn't really want one thread will lots and lots of different issues on it, so I'll remove the notice and hopefully it should make it more obvious that new threads should be started for different feedback comments or issues.

Cheers,
Shaun :laugh:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Crackle said:
Is there anyway of viewing who's Online and what threads are being read like you can on here?

Possibly - I've been concentrating more on the back-end and Admin side of things.

I'll copy this to the feedback forum so it can be looked into.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

Top Bottom