New from Somerset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

magicmog

I am hoping to get a bike for Christmas, haven't ridden since I was a teenager, I am looking for someone in the Glastonbury area to ride with for company and to help me improve my fitness

Hi magicmog, great news on the new bike, bet you're looking forward to Christmas!

I'm over the West side of Somerset, but I'm sure there are some friendly forummers out your way.

Welcome by the way.:thumbsup:

Hi
I live in Glastonbury,what sort of riding were you thinking of,a pootle across the levels or all out speedy stuff.I am much too old for speedy but a slow ride out would be fine:smile:
Chris

BlueDog

Veteran
Hi Magicmog,

Welcome to the forum from someone who's not a million miles away from you. I know @Iainj837 (who's a close neighbour of yours) was talking about starting up a club and riding from Fenny Castle a couple of times a week, but I'm not sure if it's still going. Fenny Castle does great coffee & cakes and also hires bikes (and a tennis court too if so inclined). Anyway, the following will take you to Iain's post:

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/new-cycling-club.107725/#post-1991776

It looks like there are quite a few new members in the local area, so I'm sure a ride at some point in the not too distant future will be a dead cert.

Good luck with the new bike.

nathanicola

Just outside of Glastonbury here. The wife and i ride out round Godney moor, Wookey, Wells and surounding areas most sundays, We usually end up in Heaphys cafe in Glastonbury by the memorial before heading back.

OP
OP
M

magicmog

Have you any ideas on the bike you want!
Haven't really looked yet, will be using it on roads and cycle tracks

OP
OP
M

magicmog

Hi Magicmog,

Welcome to the forum from someone who's not a million miles away from you. I know @Iainj837 (who's a close neighbour of yours) was talking about starting up a club and riding from Fenny Castle a couple of times a week, but I'm not sure if it's still going. Fenny Castle does great coffee & cakes and also hires bikes (and a tennis court too if so inclined). Anyway, the following will take you to Iain's post:

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/new-cycling-club.107725/#post-1991776

It looks like there are quite a few new members in the local area, so I'm sure a ride at some point in the not too distant future will be a dead cert.

Good luck with the new bike.
Iainj837 is my partner, he hasn't had much success with his club, lack of support

OP
OP
M

magicmog

Just outside of Glastonbury here. The wife and i ride out round Godney moor, Wookey, Wells and surounding areas most sundays, We usually end up in Heaphys cafe in Glastonbury by the memorial before heading back.
Thank you, when I am up and running will let you know

Davidc

Guru
Hello

I'm not very far away in Taunton, but for normal rides out in your direction Glastonbury is 'at the other end' of them.

Good choice over there, the levels one way - where you can pedal hard against the wind, the hills the other way, where you can pedal hard up them. Then there's back with the wind or down the hill!

Top Bottom