New garage roof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Couldn't help myself...

IMG_20230417_192616622.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Did a carport roof the same erm 25 years ago maybe
You're welcome to come and do mine!

Mrs D and Mini D are back st school tomorrow so I'll head out about 9am and just blitz the whole job.

Fitting the new panel was easy. Prising out the old nails and screws from the old corrugated sheet was the hard part, and smashing up and bagging the old panels took a while.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You're welcome to come and do mine!

Mrs D and Mini D are back st school tomorrow so I'll head out about 9am and just blitz the whole job.

Fitting the new panel was easy. Prising out the old nails and screws from the old corrugated sheet was the hard part, and smashing up and bagging the old panels took a while.

struggling to motivate myself to do anything today , didnt get to bed till nearly 2 am as this shift sucks but the fun of getting the kids up for school wakes me up then i feel like poo all day .

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It's going well, almost finished. One final panel and some trim and it's done. Just having a bake while I go collect Mini D from art club.

My standard lunchtime Guinness was perhaps not the most refreshing tipple considering it is quite warm and the job involves a ladder, hammer, crowbar and reciprocating saw.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The panels are a metre wide. I'm 192 tall and have arms like and orangutang so had no problem leaning across each one in turn to do the fasteners.

I've a knackered hip and tha ks to being up and down the ladder umpteen rimes it's hurting. A lot.

Top Bottom