New here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike3121

Hi my name is Mike (as you might of guessed)
I have always had a bike all my life. I use it irregually every year, do a few bike rides of about 10 miles or so every now and again, plus the odd charity bike ride - Wirral Bikeathon 28 miles done about 4 out of last 6 or 7 years. Liverpool - Chester (and back) 50 miles done twice but not for about 3 years.
I have a plan for this year!
My girlfriend has cancer at the moment and is currently undergoing chemopherapy, I have always wanted to do a coast to coast bike ride, never really had a reason, now I do. For Clatterbridge Cancer charity were she is being treated. Forgot to say her cancer is not terminal, it is treatable. So now I have an excuse to do a coast to coast charity bike ride.
I first looked at doing the way of the roses, but thought that it was to far away from home, ie people I know and were I live wouldn't realise what sort of a challenge it was. S I have decided to do a route of my own. I live in Wallasey
on The Wirral so I decided to finish the ride were I live. I looked on the map and decided the best place to start from would be Skegness. This is a 200+ mile ride. I will be doing this over 3 or 4 days depending on how much training and how fit I can get before the start.
I am planning on doing this in September (gives me plenty of time to get fit and train)
Any advice on training for this would be much appreciated.

:welcome:

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Welcome Mike :welcome:. Good luck on your challenge. There's plenty of information on how to train and what to eat for such event, around the forum. The search button is your best friend.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: good luck

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: Mike.

You'll find loads of advice in the Health, Fitness and Training section of the site but fundementally, the best training is to ride lots.

Keep us posted with your progress and I hope the ride will go well.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom