New job, new country

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For someone who is about to start work on a golf course in Oslo, Norwegian 'Wood' seems an appropriate song to hum (to oneself, of course :blush::biggrin:).
Have just been offered a greenkeeping job 15 km from the city centre, earning twice as much as I did in Stockholm, paying less tax, renting for a third of the price and working only 6 months.
The cycling possibilites are great, both MTB and road, so I'll be able ride, read and play golf (three of my four most enjoyable activities at present! xx().
Now I just have to worry about how and where I'm going to spend October to March! :tongue::tongue:

Any non vulgar suggetions? :becool:

Dayvo said:
For someone who is about to start work on a golf course in Oslo, Norwegian 'Wood' seems an appropriate song to hum (to oneself, of course :blush::biggrin:).
Have just been offered a greenkeeping job 15 km from the city centre, earning twice as much as I did in Stockholm, paying less tax, renting for a third of the price and working only 6 months.
The cycling possibilites are great, both MTB and road, so I'll be able ride, read and play golf (three of my four most enjoyable activities at present! xx().
Now I just have to worry about how and where I'm going to spend October to March! :tongue::tongue:

Any non vulgar suggetions? :becool:

Congratulations!

I would reccommend partaking in all manner of indelicate, and oft indescreet extra-marital relations with as many ladies of experience as you are able.

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Congratulations!

I would reccommend partaking in all manner of indelicate, and oft indescreet extra-marital relations with as many ladies of experience as you are able.

Failing that, you could always work on that book (that everyone has 'inside') entitled "Great Grasses of the World" or "The Rough Guide to Golf Rough" perhaps...

Fore!

longers

Legendary Member
Good news Dayvo :biggrin:.

How about a summer working as a deckhand on a boat in the Med or somewhere? I'm sure they'd let you strap a bike to the back of it. Maybe.

And you could have a different girl in every port.

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Thanks all! :biggrin:

Yeah, there are a few options;, I'm not after a lazy life, just an uncomplicated one! :blush:

Having been back in England the last 4-5 weeks, I've unfortunately noticed a definite decline. Everything seems to be a struggle; lack of affordable accommodation for the average person, meagre disposable incomes, rising crime, general dissatisfaction with society and the government etc.
But I'm sure ou, my virtual friends, aren't as cynical as I am! xx(

As long as I can get on here for a moan and a laugh then I'll be miserable, er, happy! :becool::tongue:

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
trustysteed said:
you lucky bugger, i want to work on a golf course xx(

trusty!
I don't work there, I'm just going to be employed at one! :biggrin:

Best job I've had. Fresh air, job satisfaction, free membership and play throughout Norway, no stress, summer contract ('read' free to doss somewhere in the winter months, such as the French Alps, southrn hemisphere) and now GOOD (for me) money.

Phone or visit your local courses, they might be loking for personnel.

Keith Oates

Janner
Good news Davyo, must be a relief after the e-mail you received this winter. Needless to say I know where I'd be with the Winter off work, Southern Asia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Go for it, and chill out those other months when not working - more bike riding of course, and virtual golf on an X-Box/Playstation !!! Don't forget to keep the pennies to one side for those non-working months (or is it monthly).... Sounds a lot cheaper to live out there.....

Yep, going down the drain here - hence back to cycle commuting to keep sane and save cash ?:biggrin: and enjoy the bike xx( and get time to do other stuff..... :becool:

Had an ex colleague - last job - took them 3 hours to do 14 miles today...me 30 mins including stops at traffic lights for 8 miles...oh don't regret moving jobs ..... including all the bad weather....

Sounds ideal.......:blush::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Noodley

Good news Dayvo :biggrin::becool:

October til March? Sounds like just enough time to get across America and/or Canada on a bike at a leisurely pace...or "hole up" in Alaska.

Well done Dayvo.

Six months greenkeeping.....Norway........Norway...........Now my mate said that the women in Norway are very attractive due to the best having been plundered from the rest of Europe a thousand years or so back. Is this true? If so, I see no reason to leave for the other 6 months.

Top Bottom