new job

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i start my new job tomorrow and i'm crapping myself. i get myself REALLY stressed out when i start a new job. i'm crap at change. :becool: i'm having a panic attack

snorri

Legendary Member
I can only suggest a laze in a hot bath, and a cup of cocoa before bed. Lay out all of your stuff for the morning so that there is no frantic searching before leaving home.
Good Luck in your new job.:becool::smile::wacko:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
...gives Buggi a virtual back massage to relax her, a soothing hug as she puts her coat on, a peck on the cheek and pass her the sandwiches lovingly made for her first day, then a slap on the ass as she walks out of the door, qualified with a knowing wink...

Good luck.

Shuts door, and returns (virtually) to bed for the day, eating the contents of Buggi's fridge and watching Jerry Springer and Jeremy Kyle....

peanut

don't worry the first day is always easy. No one is prepared for you starting. They'l have to show you around introduce you to the staff . Show you where everything is, kitchen,loos etc.Have a cup of tea, find you a desk and stationary.
Organise the lazy gits in IT to get you on the network (from experience that can take from a day to several weeks ) :becool:

Then there is photo ID door passes ,car park passes ,more tea .Health and safety blah blah .

I'd be very surprised if you actually do anything in the first 5 days :wacko:

Pleanty of time to find out how lazy and useless your collegues are :tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

Don't worry it'll be a breeze. Good luck

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm guessing from your username that you're either a dyslexic pram manufacturer or a pest control officer. Either way, good luck:biggrin:

puddleglum

change is crap, i hate it with a passion, so I know where you are coming from on that. But on the other hand, it might be loads of fun, and remember THEY CHOSE YOU!! :becool:

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
I'm guessing from your username that your either a dyslexic pram manufacturer or a pest control officer. Either way, good luck:biggrin:

I didn't know prams could be dyslexic, let along that anyone made such a thing...:becool:

By the time you see this, Buggi, I expect you'll either have completed your fist day or (if it's very cushy job) be halfway through and surfing at your desk;). Hope it's going well. I know what you mean - I'll be exactly the same, if and when I ever get another job...

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
LOL you've all really made me laugh.

CP i hope you played with my ferrets! :wacko: o yea, and thanks for drinking all the milk!

As suggested, first day, really hectic... all computer systems were down, 5 coffees and 5 tea breaks plus one lunch time later....

have to admit tho, came home in a bad mood. Wanna know why...

Well at Warwick i have a locker. At Hinckley they don't have lockers but they do have two shower rooms. No room in the shower room for a tall locker but loads of room in the toilets on my floor. Are they willing to let me have my locker? NO! Instead they offered me a poxy locker in the other loos that is just about big enough to get my handbag in!. can you believe it? they are giving me every excuse in the world. thing is, i don't really want to rub facilities up the wrong way on my first day but FFS ...do you know what they said... "Well if we put yours in everyone will want one" So what? tell em they can have one if they cycle 22 mile! They don't even have to buy a locker... Warwick said they will deliver my one over!

???

i wrote them an email when i left saying could they please reconsider and maybe i could have it on a trial basis and if people moaned (which they won't coz they don't at Warwick, it's standard practice that only cyclists get lockers)

Give me strength!

Top Bottom