New KFC advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a great advert. I (sorry @nickyboy) don't watch broadcast TV, but now I have watched the ad and thought about the taste of KFC. If I liked it (sorry again) I would be jonesing for some right now.

An ad that can reach people who haven't even seen it, and make them consider your product deeply: can there be a more successful advertisement than that?

Disclaimers:
  1. I don't watch broadcast TV because I don't have a working aerial, and can't be arsed to pay for one as all the content I like is available online anyway. I do watch TV on the occasions where there is one where I am staying.
  2. I like fried chicken, but I just am always disappointed by KFC. It's not a snob thing.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Of course it's a boast, and a snobbish one at that. So they can look down at oiks like me who quite enjoy KFC as a once-in-a-while treat. It's like the folk who don't have TVs posting on threads about some series or other to let everyone know that they don't have TVs

It's important to them that everyone knows they don't eat KFC, own a TV or whatever

Yes it's a strange trait. I've noticed it's done quite a lot when mentioning celebrities too, there seems to be an oddly perverse type of pride and pleasure that some people take in claiming they have no knowledge of a currently popularly known figure.

OP: "Has everyone seen that Justin Bieber has just been arrested on drug charges?"
Respondent: "I've never even heard of him".

Because if you were normal, and you'd not heard of him, you'd just not bother replying to that thread. It's demonstrably not within your sphere of interest, and you clearly have nothing to offer in terms of opinion.
But I suspect that these people do know very well who (say) Justin Bieber is, but rather enjoy appearing as though they're above all of that.

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
I love KFC. I hardly ever have it but this fekkin thread could lead me into a KFC now.
Go on, a two piece variety meal is a top choice.

stephec

Legendary Member
Why do people reply on threads like this one saying something along the lines of "I don't consume this product / know anything about it, and never will"?

Is it a boast, or what? I'm genuinely confused why you'd do it.
It's the affliction known as Hyacinth Bouquet Syndrome.

potsy

Rambler
I hadn't had a KFC for maybe 10 years until last week, a small banquet box and a diet pepsi.
Was ok, not great but about what I expected.

Quite like that advert, hadn't seen it until this thread ( I do own a TV) :whistle:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just thought I'd check the KFC website and see how many calories and shovel full's of salt are in a bucket meal. Then I saw this...

kfc.PNG

It goes on to say they also believe in unicorns, the easter bunny and that the world is flat.

Anyone in the colonel's club?

I have got a telly.

Top Bottom