New lad, looking for help identifying a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shoppersports

Can anyone help me out with the make and approximate age of this old thing please? I don't know anything about it other than the wife's Grandfather used it for years.

It's got a KB6 hub with an S.A. top tube quadrant shifter. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks all

Attachments

• 20180814_204820.jpg
    20180814_204820.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20180814_205131.jpg
    20180814_205131.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 41

midlife

Guru
Whenever I see a chain case like that I always think Raleigh Superbe

OP
OP
Shoppersports

Shoppersports

The badly faded art on the chaincase looks to be a man in gold shoes with something that I can't make out at all. Below the man it says Made in England.

On the seatpost tube it looks like Shopper Sports that's painted down it. There was an old Fine Fare shopping basket clipped to the front and this has worn off a silver logo of some sort.

On the underside if the crank there is a 4 digit number with what look like triangles stamped at either end, I'm loathed to do any scraping here as I'm not sure whether to try and keep the scruffy originality or strip the bike and restore it at present.

Thanks for the input so far

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The badly faded art on the chaincase looks to be a man in gold shoes with something that I can't make out at all. Below the man it says Made in England.

On the seatpost tube it looks like Shopper Sports that's painted down it. There was an old Fine Fare shopping basket clipped to the front and this has worn off a silver logo of some sort.

On the underside if the crank there is a 4 digit number with what look like triangles stamped at either end, I'm loathed to do any scraping here as I'm not sure whether to try and keep the scruffy originality or strip the bike and restore it at present.

Keep it original if possible.

BTW Nice bike :becool:

classic33

Leg End Member

Anything like this?
1959_Raleigh_Superbe_01.jpg

Top Bottom