New lane arrangement on Broad Street, Salford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MrHappyCyclist

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
I'll be up in Salford visiting family at the end of October and use that road to get from Piccadilly Station to the Height. Normally I just use the bus lane up to just past the Pendleton roundabout then bear left and onto Bolton Road. Has anything changed along there since Easter that might cause me difficulties?
Do you mean until just past the Salford Precinct roundabout? If so, that part hasn't changed in a long time.

The part up Chapel Street, round the Crescent and up to the railway bridge has changed beyond recognition. Most of that is now 20mph max speed, one general lane and one bus/cycle lane. It is far better now.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that they have put a cycle lane on the inside of a fairly busy bus lane in places; I would much rather just share a single bus/cycle lane.

al78

Guru
Do you mean until just past the Salford Precinct roundabout? If so, that part hasn't changed in a long time.

The part up Chapel Street, round the Crescent and up to the railway bridge has changed beyond recognition. Most of that is now 20mph max speed, one general lane and one bus/cycle lane. It is far better now.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that they have put a cycle lane on the inside of a fairly busy bus lane in places; I would much rather just share a single bus/cycle lane.

Yes I was referring to the stretch along the Crescent. Last time I rode along there it was coned down to one lane so if it is all finished I am interested to see what it looks like now.

Top Bottom