New mains gas pipes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
To us its very interesting!

keithmac

Guru
I read a a while back some water company (or possibly plumber?) had managed to accidentally plumb into the gas supply pipe and pumped it full of water.

Dread to think of the cost sorting all that out!.

bruce1530

Guru
I read a a while back some water company (or possibly plumber?) had managed to accidentally plumb into the gas supply pipe and pumped it full of water.

It could have been worse. I know of a site where a building was demolished. The building had previously been part of a fibre optic network linking adjacent buildings. The fibre cables had been pulled out, just leaving the empty 100mm plastic duct connecting that site to the basement of the building next door.

The builders found the duct, assumed it was a drain, and used it to plumb in their Portaloo....

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It could have been worse. I know of a site where a building was demolished. The building had previously been part of a fibre optic network linking adjacent buildings. The fibre cables had been pulled out, just leaving the empty 100mm plastic duct connecting that site to the basement of the building next door.

The builders found the duct, assumed it was a drain, and used it to plumb in their Portaloo....
:rofl:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've heard it said that, although nobody would dispute that the 9/11 attack on the WTC was a shocking tragedy, the companies who had been using the buildings shed no tears for the actual buildings because they had been becoming increasingly problematic, having been built just at the time when computers were coming into use and consequently ill-suited to modern IT requirements and in constant need of very big, increasingly costly wiring upgrades. I read somewhere that a few days before the attack the electricity had been turned off in half of one tower, which has contributed to at least one of the conspiracy theories.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've heard it said that, although nobody would dispute that the 9/11 attack on the WTC was a shocking tragedy, the companies who had been using the buildings shed no tears for the actual buildings because they had been becoming increasingly problematic, having been built just at the time when computers were coming into use and consequently ill-suited to modern IT requirements and in constant need of very big, increasingly costly wiring upgrades. I read somewhere that a few days before the attack the electricity had been turned off in half of one tower, which has contributed to at least one of the conspiracy theories.
So how come there were 2 if not 3 Internet/Web servers housed in the WTC buildings.

Globalti

Legendary Member
As I wrote, "I've heard it said". I know nothing about it.

Top Bottom