New member from Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmac190

Über Member
....Or better still, get out now whilst you are still ahead!! Says me from Dumbarton.

Anyway, greetings, it seems like quite a few of us will be at this Pedal for Scotland thingimybobber!

Sandy

Have you seen the topic for the pedal for scotland run.......loads of complaints about the transport araangements and how it ruined the day and a few issues with damaged bikes on the way back to glasgow. I'm glad I didn't sign up for the bus home.

G

bauldbairn

Hi, no I know to avoid that one and go Cumbernauld Rd instead, it is not nearly as bad as Royston Rd :smile:.

:ohmy: Royston Road must be bad! ;)

OP
OP
S

sandman77

I see, but you can also avoid this by using Alexandra park, which brings you out at Provan rd cross over into Riddrie then use Dinart st i think, which brings you out at the top of the first hill, then cross over into Smithycroft rd, follow this to the end and cross over at the traffic lights at the bridge over M8 have a look on Google maps.

Went via smithycroft road last night and it was much better than going up Cumbernauld Road. Thanks for the tip.

Oh - and yes bauldbairn, Royston Road is BAD.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Sandy

Have you seen the topic for the pedal for scotland run.......loads of complaints about the transport araangements and how it ruined the day and a few issues with damaged bikes on the way back to glasgow. I'm glad I didn't sign up for the bus home.

G

Woot??

I will be getting the train back thankyou very much, heck I might even cycle back (for part of it at least).

I'm sure it will be ok this year, but still.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
We look forward to seeing all you new folk on the CC Ecosse August Forum Ride :thumbsup:.

There are a couple of very important things to know about these rides:

1 - NO ONE gets left behind :headshake:

2 - any bike will do :bicycle:

3 - you WILL be made welcome :welcome:

4 - you'll probably come back for more :hugs:

5 - there will be CAKE :hungry:

Top Bottom