New member from Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sandman77

Hi all, just became a member after getting my first road bike last week. I went for a Specialized Allez 16 and its main use will be commuting the 8 mile journey to and from work.

I am really enjoying it so far and the ride to work (31 minutes) is quicker door to door than getting the train (45 minutes). I have also registered for the "Pedal for Scotland" event which is a 51 mile ride from Glasgow to Edinburgh.

Anyway just thought I would say hi.

Sandy

bauldbairn

:welcome: Hello Sandy and welcome to the CC forums. :hello:

There are quite a few CCers on here from the Glasgow area - I'm sure they'll be along shortly to introduce themselves. :thumbsup:

Specialized Allez's are also quite popular on here so I'm sure if you have any questions about it - your in the right place.

Good luck with the cycling challenges, I'll look forward to seeing posts from you in the future.

All the best! :smile:

OP
OP
S

sandman77

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody, I am commuting from Chryston (near Stepps) to the City Centre. It is a pretty easy route with only one long climb on the return journey. No doubt I will soon be in the equipment forum to ask what changes I need to make to my bike to continue using it through the winter.

gmac190

Über Member
Hey Sandman77, will be seeing you soon on the roads

MrRidley

Hi Sandman and welcome, i take it from the description of your commute, the long hill you refer to, is it Royston rd ? if so there are alternate routes to make it easier.

OP
OP
S

sandman77

Hi Sandman and welcome, i take it from the description of your commute, the long hill you refer to, is it Royston rd ? if so there are alternate routes to make it easier.

Hi, no I know to avoid that one and go Cumbernauld Rd instead, it is not nearly as bad as Royston Rd but still a hill :smile:.

MrRidley

Hi, no I know to avoid that one and go Cumbernauld Rd instead, it is not nearly as bad as Royston Rd but still a hill :smile:.

I see, but you can also avoid this by using Alexandra park, which brings you out at Provan rd cross over into Riddrie then use Dinart st i think, which brings you out at the top of the first hill, then cross over into Smithycroft rd, follow this to the end and cross over at the traffic lights at the bridge over M8 have a look on Google maps.

Top Bottom