New Member from North Dorset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

medved

Hello Everyone,
As a new member to this forum, I would just like to introduce myself. I have been a recreational rider for many years, but have only ever owned two bikes. My first was a gift from my parents on my 11th birthday. The second, I bought myself while returning via Serbia in 2001, having driven a truck as part of a humanitarian aid convoy to assist refugees from the war in Kosovo. The next year, while touring the Isle of Wight with my wife, I had a brainwave and founded the Solent Coasts Cycling Challenge. This annual event was to raise money for Hope and Aid Direct, the charity that I was involved with in undertaking humanitarian aid work. It also supported several other charities working with extremely poor families and torture victims in various Balkan countries. The event has become a great success, always coinciding with the Annual Round The Island Sailing Race. Having tackled the challenge myself in the first year, I have decided to give it another shot in this, my 72nd year.

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Welcome to the forum and well done on setting up the ride challenge. It must be something close to your heart to go to such effort to support it.

Top Bottom