New member in Victoria B.C.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just wanted to say hello to all members.

I'm 43 and new to cycling yet again! Laid my Kawaski Gpz750 motorcycle down this year after moving to Victoria BC, and thought I'd start riding my TREK 7300 FX "someone left it at my old job ' self storage" since it was collecting dust. Was tough at first, but 2 months later and I'm biking to work 5 days a week now "32km round-trip". Weight is dropping off, and I found the passion I had for cycling that I had when I was back in my 20's and rode a Bianchi Sport SX and a NORCO Eurosport Tri-A. Going to buy a Cyclocross in the near future, but for now the TREK is a blast to ride. Comfy, fast and a perfect commuter. I've had to put a few bucks into it as the previous owner wasn't much on upkeep, but it's working top notch now.

Looking forward to meeting members of the forum and sharing talk about bikes!

Trail Child

Hi from Ottawa!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: and well done on your 32 Km commute - love it when folk say Km, can't get a grip with miles :smile:

:welcome: and well done on your 32 Km commute - love it when folk say Km, can't get a grip with miles :smile:

Thanks! The crappy part is that the 16KM trip to work is pretty much all uphill, and at 6a.m. it can be tough sometimes. Was taking me 45 minutes when I first started, down to 35 minutes now, which I think is pretty darn good! It's mostly on an old abandoned railway line that they have converted into a trail system, so it's mostly paved with maybe 2KM of gravel. At 6a.m. it's full of rabbits and deer, which is pretty peaceful. Trip home from work is nothing but speed!

Going to get back into road riding more, hence a cyclocross as I can commute to work with it as well. Don't know If I'll ever ride my motorcycle again. Bicycling is cheap, better for me, and so relaxing compared to motorcycling which is an exercise in right hand control "throttle" and trying to avoid being hit by some idiotic cager.

DeepBurn

Über Member
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Great work on the commute! Must admit I wish I worked closer to home to cycle there. I currently work 45 miles away so doing 90 miles a day isn't really an option!

Welcome. You live in a beautiful part of the world!
Yeah it is pretty beautiful! Just moved here 6 months ago from Halifax, Nova Scotia. The wife wanted to move back home, so how could I say no!

The city is so bike friendly and it seems if you don't ride a bicycle here, well you ain't cool! So I had to start riding again, if not for the health benefits, at least for the cool factor!

Top Bottom