Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skibird

Hi All,

I added my original intro below on to the end of another newbie, so thought I should really do my own. I've seen some great advice and some really funny one's so far ^_^

Hi, like you I have just registered and am also 51, 5"3, with plenty of hair lol. I've not really ridden a lot on the roads for years (more of an exercise biker) but did start riding on the roads about 8 months ago just for general fitness, and do between 10-20 miles every other day (weather permitting). I am now seriously considering the London to Brighton bike ride but the hills are really worrying me so any advice would be much appreciated.:hello:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome :welcome:

OP
OP
S

Skibird

Hi Dogtrousers,

I assumed it was always Ditchling Beacon, is that not a given then?

I now live on the Isle Of Wight, which has quite a lot of hills, but unless I'm actually with someone cycling (which is not very often), my confidence to try these alone is low, especially after my first big fall a few weeks ago (was back cycling within a day............just a bit multicoloured lol), so I tend to stick to the routes I know. Also, when going up hills (big and small), I tend to get bum off the seat in quite a high gear as I can't stand cycling and seemingly getting nowhere.:bicycle:

Bonno

Guru
Hi Skibird welcome,
Nice part of the world you've moved to...spent many a holiday round your neck of the woods and we're back to Brightstone in September!
hope to bring the bike so i'll look out for you on the hills of the coast road :okay:

Wixsteman

Veteran
Hello skibird and welcome:hello: :welcome:

Bonno

Guru
Hi Bonno,
Yes, it's great, here. We decided to move here 2 years ago, after holidaying here 3-4 times a year. Where are you staying, Grange Farm?

Yes I believe so (my daughter booked it). Hopefully she's booked one of the holiday barn/cottages.. as i need my creature comforts!
Any recommendations for a family meal out locally?

OP
OP
S

Skibird

Hi Bonno, The Three Bishops pub in the village is usually pretty good, but I have just found out that the Fish & Chip (lol) van that used to come to Grange Farm twice a week when we first moved over her, is actually back next week...............................best F & C I have had in years!!

Bonno

Guru
Hi Bonno, The Three Bishops pub in the village is usually pretty good, but I have just found out that the Fish & Chip (lol) van that used to come to Grange Farm twice a week when we first moved over her, is actually back next week...............................best F & C I have had in years!!
Thanks Skibird... a Fish & chips dinner will go well with our cream tea lunches ^_^ ...just have to work it off on the climbs up to Freshwater & Blackgang :okay:

By the way have you tried the Island randonnee? Did it a few years back and really enjoyed it.

Top Bottom