Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donmarcos

Regular
Hi everyone

My name is Mark Swain. I'm 52 and run a management consultancy company. I'm basically semi-retired but keeping my hand in.

I live in Canterbury (Kent) down in the South East corner of England. It's very near to Dover and the Chanel Tunnel so I nip over to France and Belgium sometimes. I also go out for a fast ride with mates early on a Sunday morning when it's not raining or freezing.

My main cycling activity is long distance cycling. See my first post which is about my trip from Ireland to Japan with my teenage son a couple of years back. I'm planning a trip down through Portugal and back up through central Spain in September with a French friend.

For long distance touring I ride a Dawes Super Galaxy with a Brooks B17 Titanium saddle. I thought it was light until I was persuaded by my Sunday morning mates to buy a road bike. I bought a Boardman Team Carbon which feels like there's no bike there.

Planning to come up to do the new 'Way of The Roses' ride (West to East, plus the extra bit to the East Coast) over around 4 easy days with a couple of mates in June. Staying in B&Bs, visiting real ale pubs etc. Any advice on the ride, B&B's and pubs etc would be appreciated.

Best regards

Mark

^ "Come in number 5, your time's up!" :smile:

Top Bottom