New Muvi's first day out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So got my new Muvi, set it all up and it was the first commute with it. Absolutely typical, or to be truthful not typical at all! :biggrin:. Absolutely nothing worth filming. I've got a cabbie in an ASL and then turning left without indicating (nowhere near close to me though), a truck driver drinking coffee and around 6 RLJs which is usual.:laugh:

Ah, obviously you've not read my FAQ on manufacturing incidents...;)

JoysOfSight

It must be some kind of universal law that when you take your camera off, all the lunatics in the asylum break loose, and when you leave it on, weeks can go past with nothing interesting to report at all!

Mine is KO'd just now and I'm waiting for a couple of Muvi clones from eBay. After ages of totally routine commuting I've had two nasty right-hooks, had someone almost off me when they decided to go straight on in a left-turn lane and rode alongside a sports car whose owner was writing an email on a sort of palm-top thingy while driving up the high street... all unrecorded.

Bah.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
As much as people might say to a few of us helmet camera users, 'you go out looking for footage' or 'you cycle in a way to piss people off so they cut you up'. I honestly don't. I've had 1 or 2 incidences in the past 2 weeks, and it feels great.

I don't post ~70% of the close overtakes, dangerous driving, crazy peds/cyclists i record.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I have done one commute using mine, and got footage of some dude overtake me pointlessly, then nearly get knocked off, avoided by a violent swerve on his part, then continuing on and running a red.

:biggrin:

If you film it....they will come! :smile::sad:

Funnily enough I'm riding today without my camera on. Dodgy cable needs replaced. :sad: I feel....naked without it!!

No major incidents this morning. One taxi driver passed too close and then indicated I should have been further over to the left (I was avoiding the door zone, FFS!). Hey ho. It wouldn't have made it into a video anyway.

Matthames

Über Member
I am still waiting on my camera, although I do plan to possibly make a few instructional videos, one particularly about the primary position as I have some lovely examples of why you should use it on my commute.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
JoysOfSight said:
It must be some kind of universal law that when you take your camera off, all the lunatics in the asylum break loose, and when you leave it on, weeks can go past with nothing interesting to report at all!

correct, which is why I often wear mine ...even when it is flat and not working.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
martint235 said:
Absolutely typical, or to be truthful not typical at all! :smile:. Absolutely nothing worth filming.

that's pretty typical for me, i delete around 95% of my footage without even downloading or reviewing it.

but its good to have it just in case

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Typical, on my way home I would have had a perfect video of a poser in a BMW M6 convertible going straight through a red light. It kept my spirits up all the way home until I found I'd not turned the camera on properly! B******KS:evil:

Top Bottom