New / old / new Nokia phones..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Prompted by you, I just looked it up...
  • Vodafone: starting early 2023
  • EE: early 2024
  • Three: By end of 2024
  • O2: No announcement yet
This is to make way for the superior 4G and 5G.

That's what I thought as pretty sure my father who is on Vodafone keeps getting messages about the ending of the service

T4tomo

Legendary Member
1668589549068.png

I had one of these in the 90's, absolutely revolutionary, loved it. Bringing that out of the jacket pocket in the pub and sliding it down to answer made you feel the absolute bees knees. Far better than fumbling to touch or slide something on a big screen!!

It also put an end to accidently pocketing dialing the Mrs from the pub, when you told her you were in the office getting a report finished!!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
View attachment 668170
I had one of these in the 90's, absolutely revolutionary, loved it. Bringing that out of the jacket pocket in the pub and sliding it down to answer made you feel the absolute bees knees. Far better than fumbling to touch or slide something on a big screen!!

It also put an end to accidently pocketing dialing the Mrs from the pub, when you told her you were in the office getting a report finished!!
1. someone I know had one and eventually wore it out to the point the slide simply continued to the floor, while he tried to look cool. :laugh:

2. current Android phones can be set to answer on volume key press, so no need to fumble the screen.

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 668170

Their "banana phone", now re-released.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
View attachment 668170

I remember everyone wanting those - too flashy for me though!

yes I say that when googling for the old one, updated in smart phone form. I'd struggle to see the small screen without my 1996 eyes though!
20221116_121205.jpg

Have yet to use it as a phone but if you're used to a standard dumb phone, well, it's only slightly less dumb! But does have 4G, so useful for the forseeable.
Edit: paid £36 brand new, April 2020.

Last edited:
pray tell what do you use it for then?
As mentioned earlier, I got it to use as a 4G tether when our landline was destroyed by a fire.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Prompted by you, I just looked it up...
  • Vodafone: starting early 2023
  • EE: early 2024
  • Three: By end of 2024
  • O2: No announcement yet
This is to make way for the superior 4G and 5G.

Nadgers, does this mean my phone (which I have just bought after putting the previous one through the wash) won't access the internet, it is a 3g phone?
I'm with talkmobile which is Vodafone owned I believe.

classic33

Leg End Member
Suppliers seem to have been loading the market with 3G handsets these last two years. Knowing full well that 3G would be soon a thing of the past.

On the subject of old Nokia handsets, I've a 6310i sat in its box, unused since it was bought.

Top Bottom