New Olympic Sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I always thought 'Catching the Javelin' and 'Heading the Shot' would make interesting viewing.
Further inspiration from Rawlinson End: Face Jumping, where the competitor takes a run up, leaps in the air and lands lightly on his partner's face before springing off again.
"Daft bugger's got no chance - he's wearing spiked running shoes!"

raleighnut

Legendary Member
What is really scary is that when I watched that on TV half a century ago*** I thought it was a bit OTT but here we are in 2020 with similar upper class twits still running the country! :wacko:

*** 1970-2020 - where did the time go! :eek:
They stole it when we went decimal, along with my pocket money. :sad:

Drago

Legendary Member
Peasant hunting. Teams of Land Rover mounted hoorays with shotguns chase a common person - first team to bag their peasant wins.

Its win, win, win - good entertainment, good sport, and the supply of poor people and peasants is whittled down to sustainable levels.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Peasant hunting. Teams of Land Rover mounted hoorays with shotguns chase a common person - first team to bag their peasant wins.

Its win, win, win - good entertainment, good sport, and the supply of poor people and peasants is whittled down to sustainable levels.
Can Evoke and Freelander owners take part as guns, or would they be classed as peasantry?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I always thought 'Catching the Javelin' and 'Heading the Shot' would make interesting viewing.
They were always my go to 'new sports'. I read a book called Flanagan's Run, years and years ago, and it was something that was suggested that Flanagan should do at some Highland Games that the runners got embroiled in.

Top Bottom