New on here str8 from AUSTIN TX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
f'in hell! i thought it was bleeding hot when our thermometer said 40 here in britain, sorry i simply couldn't resist :tongue:
Cheers Ed
Americans don't use Centigrade........... or mm.
Just think of it like England was pre 68 and pre EU. Although strangely the Dewey Decimal system invaded their currency before it came here:crazy:

OP
OP
SLICE OF HEAVEN

SLICE OF HEAVEN

Regular
f'in hell! i thought it was bleeding hot when our thermometer said 40 here in britain, sorry i simply couldn't resist :tongue:
Cheers Ed
40 here and everyone flips out. Texans used to hottness.

young Ed

Veteran
Well, I just got up to get ready to go to work, and it's 2.5°C outside. We've had several of these recently.
difficult to imagine that you are on your winter bike in june/july sort of time whilst we are in shorts and short jerseys with full on carbon summer bike :tongue:
Americans don't use Centigrade........... or mm.
Just think of it like England was pre 68 and pre EU. Although strangely the Dewey Decimal system invaded their currency before it came here:crazy:
being of the modern generation i struggle with pre decimal and metric :sad:
and conversions are just above me! :tongue:
Cheers Ed

raleighnut

Legendary Member
difficult to imagine that you are on your winter bike in june/july sort of time whilst we are in shorts and short jerseys with full on carbon summer bike :tongue:

being of the modern generation i struggle with pre decimal and metric :sad:
and conversions are just above me! :tongue:
Cheers Ed
Google Farenheit (so old even I can't seem to spell it) to Centigrade 90f is about 31c
As for the antipodes/southern hemisphere did you never do geography..................Christmas is their mid-summer, so when we're freezing our butts off they are in shorts and thongs
EDIT:-Sorry missthreaded it Texas is just hot, had a friend lived in New Mexico though 100f every day, frost every night. It was your comment to Victor that misled me as they are in midwinter now

Last edited:

young Ed

Veteran
Google Farenheit (so old even I can't seem to spell it) to Centigrade 90f is about 31c
As for the antipodes/southern hemisphere did you never do geography..................Christmas is their mid-summer, so when we're freezing our butts off they are in shorts and thongs
EDIT:-Sorry missthreaded it Texas is just hot, had a friend lived in New Mexico though 100f every day, frost every night. It was your comment to Victor that misled me as they are in midwinter now
sorry yes i know WHAT Fahrenheit is and that 32f is freezing
and yes i know the basic principle of the earths rotation and orbit around the sun and that they are currently facing away from the sun, so yes i know why they are currently in winter but just saying it is still difficult to imagine for my simple mind
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom