New Orbea Gain Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TouchingCloth

Regular
Hi folks,
I first came back to cyling at the age of 48 after needing stents. Long story short, these are on the way out so a little help (a lot actually) is needed up the hills.
The gain seems the perfect compromise and I've finally convinced myself, that for the price of a reasonable second hand car, is worth it, to keep on riding.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hi folks,
I first came back to cyling at the age of 48 after needing stents. Long story short, these are on the way out so a little help (a lot actually) is needed up the hills.
The gain seems the perfect compromise and I've finally convinced myself, that for the price of a reasonable second hand car, is worth it, to keep on riding.
. Maybe get some medical advice before going too hard.
Welcome to the forum. Cycling is great exercise, a great stress buster and a good cardio vascular workout. But be warned not to overdo it. Maybe seek some medical advice before going too hard.

OP
OP
TouchingCloth

TouchingCloth

Regular
Thanks Paulus
The Dr has suggested the cyling is good for me on several levels. There will be no going too hard too soon I can assure you lol. I started back earlier this year on my old bike. However, to cut out the hills I had to drive to the flat lands. I was getting frustrated that I always had to loop back to my car. Hopefully I can now vary my routes as I see fit, depending how I'm feeling on the day.

OP
OP
TouchingCloth

TouchingCloth

Regular
I’m 49 and have never really cycled since I left school! Just ordered a Orbea Gain D50 👍
Hi JRTemple,
My bike has arrived and the assistance it gives is great. My current level of fitness is poor, but cyling on the flat is no bother if you can walk on it. Its the slopes or more daunting hills that gets you. Using the gears get you over most hurdles, but hills can be a bridge to far at first.
When I did cycle on a regular basis, there was one hill I never managed to get all the way up. Despite my current level of fitness, I was able to get up it today. There are a couple of easier gears available to use on the gain than my previous bike, but the motor is the big difference.
I was of course using the maximum assistance, but to beat the hill at the first attempt shows what they are capable of. I did have to work very hard and certainly knew about it. It opens up lots of routes for me to cycle now, and I will be able to adjust the power settings to keep me working hard and getting fitter.
Hope it lives up to your expectations as itt has mine.

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
My bike arrived yesterday and was damaged 😢 they are collecting it Monday and refunding me, I bought the D50 for £1620 and the best I could get it now was £1800 but I managed to get a D40 for £1840 👍. I live on a steep hill and I want to be able to commute to my office in London once a week, that’s a 45 mile round trip! I’m hoping the gain will help me achieve this and get me fitter. Enjoy your riding 🤗

Top Bottom