New Outdoor Rustic Kitchen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
And tomorrow im going to start taking all this down, ready to refurb all the decking next spring with 6x2s and ready for the new pergola to be fitted……i will then redesign the kitchen area, so it takes less space from the deck…..anyone would think a 4.2mtr x 4.2mtr deck area isnt big enough.

But i want to add the roofed pergola and fit an outside tv……..

OP
OP
J

jowwy

half hour lunch and impact driver...........3/4s of the kitchen removed

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You might need retrospective planning permission if you overlook your neighbour's houses from the raised deck... unless they all come round to yours for the parties!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

You might need retrospective planning permission if you overlook your neighbour's houses from the raised deck... unless they all come round to yours for the parties!
we dont........and the deck has been there for 7yrs now

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Sorry jowwy... I meant the larger Mark II version.
its not going to be larger........its just having the planks removed and new ones fitted, we also sit lower than our neighbours and there is a 2.4mtr fence between us, would need to be one high deck to look over that lol

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Sorry jowwy... I meant the larger Mark II version.
what's also good about the area, is that it sits between our shed and utility extension and the new extension built this year by the neighbours ( with no consultation or notification to us that they were building it) so its really nice and private now and a very good sun trap in the summer

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Just had 'Deckgate' from in-laws where they had a raised deck fitted as their back garden dropped away from the back door and a neighbour complained to the planners that they then overlooked their garden... the planner enforcement officer agreed and they had to pay to have it taken out... they had lighting round it but no out-door cooking facilities. Sounds like you have sensible neighbours!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Just had 'Deckgate' from in-laws where they had a raised deck fitted as their back garden dropped away from the back door and a neighbour complained to the planners that they then overlooked their garden... the planner enforcement officer agreed and they had to pay to have it taken out... they had lighting round it but no out-door cooking facilities. Sounds like you have sensible neighbours!
no our neighbours are absolute tossers, but our deck was built about 4yrs before they moved in and there was already a 2.4mtr fence up between the two properties previously to us buying it......even if i stand on the deck, the fence is still a further 30/40cm above my head.

They just had an extension built and because of the way its built, they can now see into our garden as they sit above us.......but thats ok with us, cause our apple and plum trees are growing and will soon block their view and i have also built pergolas with climbing plants along the fence, 1mtr from the boundary, so again stops them looking into the garden.......one good thing is they cant see onto the decking as the wall of their extension has no windows

OP
OP
J

jowwy

By 5pm the rustic outdoor kitchen was no more……just an under cover seating area for now

Top Bottom