New pride and joy but it squeaks :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Picked it up yesterday and love it but yesterday when I got home and went for a ride I could hear it rubbing on the front Derailleur so I adjusted the barrel adjuster slightly. Today now went for a spin and I am getting a constant squeak from the front crank when I am on the big cog and now and again on the small cog driving me nuts.
Might have to pop it back next weekend for them to take a look. It has some sort of flash bearing on the crank not sure if its that or still rubbing on the Derailleur. When I am off the bike it does not rub or squeak

4826457320_ff04b11cd4.jpg

BenScoobert

I hate squeaks and rattles.

Yesterday I kept getting ticking like mine wasn't in gear correctly, coming and going for about 20 mins, that is until I stopped and realised it was crickets in the grass along the moor.......IDIOT

OP
OP
captainhastings
I hate squeaks and rattles.

Yesterday I kept getting ticking like mine wasn't in gear correctly, coming and going for about 20 mins, that is until I stopped and realised it was crickets in the grass along the moor.......IDIOT

this is more of a mouse and a big one at that :smile: and all ways on the down stroke

OP
OP
captainhastings

OMG well thanks Norry :blush: god thats embarrassing but at least you saved me walking into the shop
Also just promised the wife I aint spending any more money so its wiggle team bib shorts and big work boots it is then hehe
Is this the point where I get a life long ban from cycle chat :rolleyes: or a nick change to captainplonker

Norry1

Legendary Member
OMG well thanks Norry :blush: god thats embarrassing but at least you saved me walking into the shop
Also just promised the wife I aint spending any more money so its wiggle team bib shorts and big work boots it is then hehe
Is this the point where I get a life long ban from cycle chat :rolleyes: or a nick change to captainplonker

:thumbsup:

I only suggested this because I was out riding with my partner (Wendy) the other day and she was complaining about her new bike squeaking. I said I'd look at it, but she then said she'd sorted the problem ..... it was her trainers (phew, saved me looking). She also called herself some names - as she rode along laughing.

Glad you're sorted

Martin

Norm

Nope... you just get put in a corner with Jezston. :tongue:

OP
OP
captainhastings
lol Simon rather nice bike you have there too :smile:

I was wondering if mine would be ok for the old sportives. As part of getting off my ass about a year and a half ago and starting running which includes a half marathon in october I may as well get involved in some sportives next year as they look great fun.
I opted for a compact in the hope of getting the best of both worlds which seems fine apart from a big drop from the big cog to small on the front so I hope to be able to assend most hills with a bit of practice
Excuse me while I insert a pic of my bike again :smile: :smile:

4826457320_ff04b11cd4_b.jpg

crumpetman

i have also had the mysterious noises caused by trainers. The rubbing against the cranks and also laces flapping about and "clinking" against the metal making me think something was coming loose!
Is there a Giant Defy owners club on here? I should be ordering a Defy 2 on c2w in the next couple of weeks. Just need to work out which accessories to get with the other £175.

Top Bottom