New racing bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattk50

MattK50
Hi,

I need a new racing bike to complement my hybrid. Budget £750, can someone recommend some? A friend recommended a canyon endurance AL but keen to get some more opinions on best vfm. Advice well appreciated as I haven't a clue.

Thanks

Matt

wisdom

Guru
Have a look at the giant range I have a defy 3 and love it.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Have a look at the giant range I have a defy 3 and love it.

+1 for this - I've got a Contend SL1 Disc and it's difficult to fault. It's a bit over your budget, but this is bang on it: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/contend-1-2018

Boardman bikes are also good value and there are some good deals on run out models at the moment - if you can find another £50 to add to your budget you can get full carbon fibre with 20-speed Tiagra: www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/boardman-road-team-carbon-bike-51-5-53-55-5-57-5cm-frames

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi,

I need a new racing bike to complement my hybrid. Budget £750, can someone recommend some? A friend recommended a canyon endurance AL but keen to get some more opinions on best vfm. Advice well appreciated as I haven't a clue.

Thanks

Matt
The issue with Canyon is (if in the U.K.) you can’t testride the bikes

If new to road bikes as suggested, you’d be far better to buy in a shop after trying out

Evans are good for testrides for example

https://www.evanscycles.com/hoy-aomori-002-2017-road-bike-EV246160

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Not denying that, it's just that I doubt you would get a decent proper race bike for £750. Most would spend that much, or more, on a pair of wheels.
This is the beginners section. I’m guessing @Mattk50 means a roadbike. I’m sure it could be raced depending on the level of racing and his riding talent

Since moved to What Bike section - Mods

Last edited by a moderator:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
@Dirk Racing bike = any bike with dropped handlebars, as any fule kno. Did you miss the 1970s?

@Mattk50 As @cyclops says, Decathlon offer great value for money.
Yes, I've always ridden ''racing'' bikes yet I've never ever raced. That's what they were called in the days before crossbars became top tubes, a sort of ''in the style of a racing bike.'' The most common name nowadays is road bike.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
Thanks for your advice guys, Ill have a look now it's the weekend. Yes I mean't road bike, sorry for the confusion. The last time I had a road bike was in the early 80s as a 15 year old and it was called a racer back then.

Top Bottom