New Railcard for Former Armed Forces

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good spot Mark. I'll keep my eye on that. I don't use the trains a great deal, but do miss the free travel that the warrant card bestowed.

tom73

Guru
Anyone interested it's now out only know as the railcard app was updated last night.
It's worth remembering if you travel with someone else regular (same household or not) who can't qualify for any railcard.
The two together one is still your best option. Even if it's a one off depending on ticket price.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
If they priced the train tickets sensibly like they do in Spain and Italy, and they integrated them into an effective public transport timetable we'd all use them all the time... which is the only point for having a rail system in the first place.

Ah well... off we toddle clutching our 30% off extortionate price vouchers...

Drago

Legendary Member
If they priced the train tickets sensibly like they do in Spain and Italy, and they integrated them into an effective public transport timetable we'd all use them all the time... which is the only point for having a rail system in the first place.

Ah well... off we toddle clutching our 30% off extortionate price vouchers...
To be honest, current virus situation aside, the trains are rammed and im quite glad not everyone is using them.

Im going to apply for a card, but will wait and see how the virus situation pays out before deciding if i will actually use it.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
To be honest, current virus situation aside, the trains are rammed and im quite glad not everyone is using them.

Im going to apply for a card, but will wait and see how the virus situation pays out before deciding if i will actually use it.
The quality of services depends where you live Drago, current situation aside.

If only they were cumulative. Hearing, veterans, old age...
They'd be paying me!
Very annoying that there not! Although transpennine occasionally do an old farts period they don't advertise it very well. But i always try to remember to ask. So 30% of followed by another 30% off. Soooooo 51% off?

Last edited:

Hicky

Guru
If you're serving(a least in the reserves anyway) you have to pay for a rail discount card.
Paid killers?....:laugh: You mean sodhexo

Top Bottom