new rider saying hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam23

Hi there my names adam from south oxon. age 31
i had enough of driving to work and wanted t lose some weight as i was small frame but 13 stone with a gut :sad: so wanted to get fit as well,
i had played good standard of basketball for 20 years and gave up last year and need also to keep active, so i went out and bought a merida matts 40-d from my local dealer
and friend lee at rides on air wallingford.
i then started 5 days a week commuting but being me going as fast as possible i live 6.8 miles from my work and the road route takes about 20-24 mins depending on the
weather haha.
i done this for 3 months and then got a bigger bug so just ordered a wilier la trienesta road bike as i want to start serious miles on a weekend to then look to doing some sportives this winter.
i love my bike rides out in the early hours as well, i have done a couple of 40 miles off road routes and love having the mix of road and mtb routes to do.
any tips on getting fit for sporties would be perfect

adam

bauldbairn

Hello and Welcome to the CC forums. :smile:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Welcome adam. Nice bike, that Wilier. Sounds like you're heading exactly the right way to me. Leaner, fitter, faster. There are subforums about health and sportives, so there should be something to help there.

OP
OP
A

adam23

thanks for the warm welcome :smile: i went to the bike shop today and my bike had just turned up so it will b built saturday ready for sundays trip out.
i will let you know how i get on.

Top Bottom