New rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi every one :smile:,
Im Scott but every possible variation of that username was taken so had to settle with my last name. I am a 20 year old student currently living in north east whilst at University but travel back down to Farnworth (Bolton) in my holidays.
Im new to (serious) riding however have used a mountain bike the past couple of to get to and from University and the joys of part time work. However recently upgraded to a road bike (Viking Roma), I hope with dumb luck and abit of advice from the sale man I have managed to chose a good one. . .
The main reason for the upgrade is a forgot how much fun cycling was until I had to commute to my part time job so I signed up for the coast to coast event with my University and I think its safe to say im becoming addicted :biggrin:.
Scott

Mark_Robson

Welcome Scott.
There's some lovely scenery around Durham, so get exploring :biggrin:

Steve H

Large Member
Hi Scott. I didn't cycle much in Durham, but I did go to college there and know the pubs pretty well.

The coast to coast challenge seems like a good one. I'm not fit enough to tackle it myself at the moment, but it is something I'd like to do in the not too distant future!

Steve

Thanks for the welcomes guys.
It does look amazing around Durham next job is to get some routes. Lucky for me my university has a cycle team so should be able to get some routes off them and join up next year :biggrin:

Yeah i already know about some of the pubs if my new cycling addicting leads me to find some more though then i will call it fate :rofl:
Scott

Top Bottom