New Routes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
so, how often do you change your route on the commute?

I've managed to peg out a 5 mile commute with 360 ft of climbing, a 6 mile commute with 380 ft and a 8 mile with 640 ft!

unfortunatly my work doesnt have a shower so i need to try and keep the sweating to a minimum but as my fitness improves (and i get bored!) i will stray further afield! i have done a lunchtime 5 mile loop too with 400+ foot of climbing! i love working on a hill and living in a dip!!!

BSRU

A Human Being
I vary my route everyday, easy to do if I ride out into the Wiltshire countryside. My morning commute varies from 30 to 40 km but Wiltshire is fairly flat so the overall ascent total is limited between 250 and 450 metres depending on the route.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My commute is 12 miles door too door the boring straight route.
But I extend it to 20 miles every morning by adding a country loop.
I also have 3 different routes I can do dependent on how I feel on the day.

My work doesn't have a shower either but I'm not a 'sweater'. So a good old wipe down with a few baby wipes and it's job done.

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
My commute is 12 miles door too door the boring straight route.
But I extend it to 20 miles every morning by adding a country loop.
I also have 3 different routes I can do dependent on how I feel on the day.

My work doesn't have a shower either but I'm not a 'sweater'. So a good old wipe down with a few baby wipes and it's job done.

ive left a few baby wipes in work along with a towel and deoderant! i tend to make it in at least 15 minutes before im due to start (helps with any mechanicals!) and gives me time to cool down. theres only really 1 road i can take out of my village without heading completely in the wrong direction to work. I will be hunting out some of the smaller roads round here soon!

martint235

Dog on a bike
I keep meaning to vary my route but never do in the end. It's 12 miles each way and I find the familiarity helps.

Lucky enough to have a shower at work. it's a bit scummy but at the moment there appears to be no-one else using it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ive left a few baby wipes in work along with a towel and deoderant! i tend to make it in at least 15 minutes before im due to start (helps with any mechanicals!) and gives me time to cool down. theres only really 1 road i can take out of my village without heading completely in the wrong direction to work. I will be hunting out some of the smaller roads round here soon!

That's what I do.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I have four near-equal length routes (12m) and vary between them depending on mood and wind direction.

My route home is almost always different from the morning's.

Top Bottom