New saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Just fitted and did a short ride with a Fizik Arione Saddle with KiUM Rails, it feels really nice compared to the old Selle San Marco Ponza, looking forward to a longer ride at the weekend, i have a feeling it is going to be a nice ride.

Garz

Squat Member
I hear they are comfortable saddles - post back when you have ridden more routes for an update. :thumbsup:

mattobrien

Guru
I got a Fizik Kurve Snake as OEM on my new bike. It's a bit different to what I had before (specialized Romin) and trying to set it u in the same way wasn't a recipe for comfort.

I had the Romin slightly nose up for a comfy ride. After a bit of tweaking with the Kurve I have had a comfy 60 mile ride. I ended up with it pretty much level and used the soft tensioner.

I think I am going to enjoy using the Kurve, a lot.

I also very much like the fact you can get the clip in Fizik saddle bags, no messing about. However, for various reasons, I have ended up with a medium and a small saddle bag that I don't need. Both unused and the small still has the packaging on it. If anyone has a fizik saddle and wants one, let me know and I am sure we can come to an agreement.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
A small adjustment after first short ride, did 20 odd miles yesterday and 39 today, and it feels good, got a 50 charity ride next weekend so will report on that, but it does feel much better than the old one.

billy1561

BB wrecker
I got a Fizik Kurve Snake as OEM on my new bike. It's a bit different to what I had before (specialized Romin) and trying to set it u in the same way wasn't a recipe for comfort.

I had the Romin slightly nose up for a comfy ride. After a bit of tweaking with the Kurve I have had a comfy 60 mile ride. I ended up with it pretty much level and used the soft tensioner.

I think I am going to enjoy using the Kurve, a lot.

I also very much like the fact you can get the clip in Fizik saddle bags, no messing about. However, for various reasons, I have ended up with a medium and a small saddle bag that I don't need. Both unused and the small still has the packaging on it. If anyone has a fizik saddle and wants one, let me know and I am sure we can come to an agreement.
I've got the fizik small saddle bag and its excellent.

e-rider

crappy member
I used an Arione for several years - I thought it was amazing! However, after eating too many pies and a bit of weight gain later, it was no longer very comfortable on longer rides. I tried a Fizik Gobi XM which was quite good, but the Fizik Aliante is now my saddle of choice. I have to add that I did try a Specialized Romin and it was seriously the mopst painful saddle I've ever used in 25 years of serious cycling - it was okay until about 50 miles then it turned into a torture device!!!

billy1561

BB wrecker
I too have the aliante and i find its a great saddle IF i keep using it constantly. A couple of weeks off and its like starting over...

Alexvs

I've just bought one today and hoping it sorts out my comfort issues. It was between this, a Selle Italia C2 gel flow (think it's called) or Romin Evo Expert. I had an Evans gift voucher so went in to the local one and the guy there measured me up and recommended the Arione which sounded like it'd suit me best. I just hope it wasn't £90 not well spent. I'm coming from a Charge Spoon which is agony for me on long rides and I suffer for days after.

U

User169

Bought one a few weeks ago together with the Fizik seatpost. First ride with it was a 250km ride through Belgium and it was fine. Managed another 200km ride last weekend with it and again no probs. I like the length - you can sit back on the wider part or get forward onto the nose for a more aggressive position.

It did start creaking fairly loudly, but that seems to have calmed down now.

Top Bottom