New seat post clamp - to stop slippage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sdawila

If the bike is still under warranty get it back to Brompton.

good suggestion, I will visit the Brompton store this weekend.

Tenkaykev

Guru
We have worked with KCNC with this aluminum CNC machined Groovy seatpost, test ride pretty convincing and will lose -140 g in the process... iso certified to 120kg.

View attachment 482375

View attachment 482376

I've just spent an informative 20 minutes on Wikipedia leaning about the properties of various aluminium alloys.

The aluminium alloy used in the seat post looks to be an excellent material.
The price did make me cough though.
If it was half the listed price I'd be tempted.

sdawila

I've just spent an informative 20 minutes on Wikipedia leaning about the properties of various aluminium alloys.

The aluminium alloy used in the seat post looks to be an excellent material.
The price did make me cough though.
If it was half the listed price I'd be tempted.

but comparing apple to apple between aluminium alloy and titanium alloy, without a doubt everyone will opt for the titanium one. i am sure you will find fair prices on the titanium in ebay or some other chinese marketplace.

chriscross1966

Über Member
The slipping issue is still happening. The first problem I have I thought it was the defected seatpost clamp but it turned out I still have the same problem after replacing the clamp with a titanium. Does anyone reckon if I replace the seat post with a titanium one would end this problem ? or should I replace the shim first ?

You have thoroughly cleaned the post and the liner haven't you?... it's really easy for things like chainlube to get on there and until you've had it apart and cleaned everything it will slip. When it's clean it won't... even touching the post will transfer enough skin oil to cause the problem if you keep doing it.... I bought myself a fun ten minutes earlier this summer when I unfolded having just applied suntan cream....

sdawila

You have thoroughly cleaned the post and the liner haven't you?... it's really easy for things like chainlube to get on there and until you've had it apart and cleaned everything it will slip. When it's clean it won't... even touching the post will transfer enough skin oil to cause the problem if you keep doing it.... I bought myself a fun ten minutes earlier this summer when I unfolded having just applied suntan cream....

oh my God ! I have never thought of the remaining skin oil that may have left there while cleaning the post.

Thank you very much, I will try it out as soon I've got some medical/rubber gloves. Have a nice weekend !

Top Bottom