New Shimano 105

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Meirion658

Excuse my ignorance here but new to all this!!! Over the past few months I have slowly been upgrading my group set to Shimano 105. I have just noticed that they have just released a new 5750 compact chainset which is cheaper that the 5650. Provided that I buy a 5700 BB will this work with the rest of the 105 kit that I have bought my shifters are 5600 double. On the bottom of description they quote.
“For use with ST-5700, ST-6700 or ST-7900 STI Shifters”

TechMech

Meirion658 said:
Excuse my ignorance here but new to all this!!! Over the past few months I have slowly been upgrading my group set to Shimano 105. I have just noticed that they have just released a new 5750 compact chainset which is cheaper that the 5650. Provided that I buy a 5700 BB will this work with the rest of the 105 kit that I have bought my shifters are 5600 double. On the bottom of description they quote.
“For use with ST-5700, ST-6700 or ST-7900 STI Shifters”

Good point, I hope someone replies to this as I was planning on changing the non-series shimano crank on my Secteur to the new 105 5700 series triple, but the rest of the kit on the bike is 5600 105, will it work ok?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
replacing one Shimano compact crankset for another will be fine. I have done it. You don't need to buy a new BB either. Upgraded a generic crankset with a 105 on my Roubaix.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
the numbers 5750 5600 5700 or whatever.. they refer to compact double triple etc, so as long you are running double or compact they will work together.
Triple shifter work a double crank fine
and all shimano roadcranks will fit the external BB's that they all use. they are all the same.

Top Bottom