New Spa Ti Elan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Glad you had a good experience with them. I found them totally incompetent plus the staff appeared to be scared of the owner. I personally wouldn't give them another penny but obviously everyone has different experiences with bike shops.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Lovely photos. That bike really looks good.

I did consider going to Spa for my 60th and treating myself to a Ti bike, but it was just a passing whim. I'm still riding my Spa steel Audax and I think all the limitations I experience are due to the rider, not the bike.

OP
OP
G

geocycle

Legendary Member
Lovely photos. That bike really looks good.

I did consider going to Spa for my 60th and treating myself to a Ti bike, but it was just a passing whim. I'm still riding my Spa steel Audax and I think all the limitations I experience are due to the rider, not the bike.

There is not a huge difference between the audax and elan . I was instructed to buy a new bike through someone’s legacy so it was a one off opportunity to try something new. The audax is livelier but much of that will be the wider tyres on the elan. There’s not much difference in average speed to note as yet. I’m just as slow on both!

Venod

Eh up
The audax is livelier but much of that will be the wider tyres on the elan

This is so true, I have been running my Spa Elan with Gravel King semi slicks 32 wide, I went out on it last week with a different set of wheels with 28 wide Schwalbe Pro Ones, what a difference, the wheels are lighter and the tyres are slick resulting in a quicker ride, both sets tubeless, the 28s @60 psi the 32s @50psi.

Last edited:
Top Bottom