New sub-forum: LEJOG and JOGLE

Shaun

Founder
It's a popular ride so at the suggestion of a member I've created a forum for it and moved some of the previous posts on the subject in there to get it going.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

I don't know what it is but I think you are great.:laugh:

speccy1

Would love to do it one day but would have to train hard for it, anybody else in the same boat and fancy doing it?? it`s just one of those things I have to do before I die lol!!!!:blush:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
speccy1 said:
Would love to do it one day but would have to train hard for it, anybody else in the same boat and fancy doing it?? it`s just one of those things I have to do before I die lol!!!!:blush:

Me to, but will have to wait until the little one is fair bit older.

Maybe have a CC one in a few years time? :smile:

speccy1

Admin said:
Me to, but will have to wait until the little one is fair bit older.

Maybe have a CC one in a few years time? :biggrin:

That sounds a good idea - I`m in no rush, just as long as I do it one day:thumbsup::ohmy:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Downward said:
After a year I have just found out what LEJOG actually is !
I thought it was some french name for a tour or something !

That's the reason I renamed it yesterday.

It suddenly occured to me that people might not know what LEJOG meant :ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
speccy1 said:
That sounds a good idea - I`m in no rush, just as long as I do it one day:thumbsup::biggrin:

Sorry, I read that that as "I`m in no rush, just as long as I do it in one day"...

I'd be up for it too, one day. I once got talking to some day trip pootlers on a cycletrail at the top of Watership Down (I'd had to get off and push up!) and when I said I'd come from Newbury that day, and York at the beginning of the week, the lady said "oh, are you one of those people who can do Lands End to John O'Groats?" and I laughed it off and said no, but when I thought about it, I could, it just might take me longer, or I need to train a bit.

Someone I know, a lady in her 70's did the first half (LE to Carlisle) this summer, and is going to do the second half next summer. She did it on a Brompton, so that if she needed to, she could get a bus anyday, but she cycled the lot.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
Arch said:
Sorry, I read that that as "I`m in no rush, just as long as I do it in one day"...

I'd be up for it too, one day. I once got talking to some day trip pootlers on a cycletrail at the top of Watership Down (I'd had to get off and push up!) and when I said I'd come from Newbury that day, and York at the beginning of the week, the lady said "oh, are you one of those people who can do Lands End to John O'Groats?" and I laughed it off and said no, but when I thought about it, I could, it just might take me longer, or I need to train a bit.

Someone I know, a lady in her 70's did the first half (LE to Carlisle) this summer, and is going to do the second half next summer. She did it on a Brompton, so that if she needed to, she could get a bus anyday, but she cycled the lot.

So how much will you do on the train Arch? :biggrin:

Noodley

How about another new sub forum entitled "The sub forum for people who want lots of people to read their post but it's not really a subject for Cafe but that's where they'll put it cos they really really want lots of people to see it and if they put it in the correct place they will not get as many people reading it" :sad:

I realise that's a bit of a long title so could I have highlighted some of the letter to form a suitably shorter and snappy title :biggrin:

speccy1

Noodley said:
How about another new sub forum entitled "The sub forum for people who want lots of people to read their post but it's not really a subject for Cafe but that's where they'll put it cos they really really want lots of people to see it and if they put it in the correct place they will not get as many people reading it" :sad:

I realise that's a bit of a long title so could I have highlighted some of the letter to form a suitably shorter and snappy title :biggrin:

Who are you having a go at here?? Or have I read it wrong??

Arch

Married to Night Train
speccy1 said:
Who are you having a go at here?? Or have I read it wrong??

Noodley's a buit anal about thread filing...

Speck - I've often wondered what the longest train journey you can go is, you used to be able to do Plymouth-Aberdeen on Virgin. I could cycle at each end;)

speccy1

I`m not thread filling - I posted a genuine response to a thread saying that I`d like to do this one day. I see far more dribble posted on this site than I ever put up

Noodley

speccy1 said:
I`m not thread filling - I posted a genuine response to a thread saying that I`d like to do this one day. I see far more dribble posted on this site than I ever put up

Once again with CC, if your face fits.......................

How could you think my post was aimed at you? You posted a reply to a thread started by admin, and were not even the last person to post before my reply....I didn't even read your reply.

Do it one day if you want. Now leave me to my irrational complaining about people posting the wrong threads in Cafe just to get some attention....but good to see you notice all the dribble.

Top Bottom