New summer bike ordered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
My best friend and cycling buddy, Dr John, died suddenly in September at the very young age of 59. I miss him terribly. We went to Mallorca twice, a fabulous road trip to Tuscany, lots of day rides, quite a few week long trips and a few Friday Night Rides. It has made me even more aware of my own mortality, so I have taken the bold (for me) step of ordering what I believe to be a "Superbike" a Colnago C64 to be used as a summer bike. It was very poignant when ordering this morning as this is the kind of thing we would have chatted about for hours and his research would have been both extensive and extremely valuable.
I'm sure there will be lots of replies as to the cost and value for money and the fact that it won't make me any quicker etc but I don't care as I know John would approve and THAT is what matters.
It will look like this but with rim brakes

My best friend and cycling buddy, Dr John, died suddenly in September at the very young age of 59. I miss him terribly. We went to Mallorca twice, a fabulous road trip to Tuscany, lots of day rides, quite a few week long trips and a few Friday Night Rides. It has made me even more aware of my own mortality, so I have taken the bold (for me) step of ordering what I believe to be a "Superbike" a Colnago C64 to be used as a summer bike. It was very poignant when ordering this morning as this is the kind of thing we would have chatted about for hours and his research would have been both extensive and extremely valuable.
I'm sure there will be lots of replies as to the cost and value for money and the fact that it won't make me any quicker etc but I don't care as I know John would approve and THAT is what matters.
It will look like this but with rim brakes View attachment 628273
Looks fantastic. High resale value - so not as expensive as it might seem right now.

Delivery Timescales ????

With a bike like that you got to go back to Italy. Never seen a country that was into performance drop bar bikes and full lycra like the Italians.

mustang1

Guru
Aha @Domus , congratulations! A lovely choice of fine Italian riding.

i reckon your good friend would thoroughly approve, in fact he‘s probably still clapping now.

when you smile riding this beauty you can think of him😊 and if he’s like any of my riding pals he‘ d shout “keeping up at the back” whilst you pedal away.

i‘m on the train on the way back from Florence and can say Tuscany is certainly calling me to do some riding there this year, certainly by April I plan my trips there by car so I can take some Italian carbon in the boot, it has to be done

avsd

Guru
Enjoy your new bike. It is a thing of beauty. Sorry to hear about your friend. I think he would fully endorse the purchase.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. That was no age at all. It's a lovely bike and I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

Top Bottom