New summer bike ordered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
C64, but I hope you stick Super Record on it. Lovely bikes.

OP
OP
Domus

Domus

Guru
Super Record was a touch too far, Record groupset with chorus cassette. Rim brakes just look right to me. Although I live very close to Rossendale and the West Pennine Moors and do quite a bit in Cumbria rim brakes in summer are more than adequate. My new winter bike has discs to combat the wet gritty conditions ooop north.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
My best friend and cycling buddy, Dr John, died suddenly in September at the very young age of 59. I miss him terribly. We went to Mallorca twice, a fabulous road trip to Tuscany, lots of day rides, quite a few week long trips and a few Friday Night Rides. It has made me even more aware of my own mortality, so I have taken the bold (for me) step of ordering what I believe to be a "Superbike" a Colnago C64 to be used as a summer bike. It was very poignant when ordering this morning as this is the kind of thing we would have chatted about for hours and his research would have been both extensive and extremely valuable.
I'm sure there will be lots of replies as to the cost and value for money and the fact that it won't make me any quicker etc but I don't care as I know John would approve and THAT is what matters.
It will look like this but with rim brakes View attachment 628273
Fab choice and way to go. :okay::okay::okay:

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Beautiful bike - enjoy it and reminisce about your good friend while you peddle away …. a fitting tribute to your friendship.

Top Bottom