new sunglasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Been plenty of it on the South Coast for the last 3 weeks
tongue.gif

Soft southerner :biggrin:

snailracer

Über Member
I saw a TV documentary which showed how some sports sunglasses were tested by firing a squash ball at them at 90mph!
Apparently, some safety goggles are tested by firing ball bearings at them at 100mph!

brockers

Most builders merchants or tool shops, do quite stylish safety goggles for around £5 - £10. Some of them look Oakleyish

At first, I was going to say that those Bolle safety glasses make you look like a cheapskate, off-duty lab technician riding a bike. But they've come on a bit in the last few years.

http://www.sevsafe.c...#aA_2fBSPIFLASH

You still need a big face to carry off the look though. Otherwise see above.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
At first, I was going to say that those Bolle safety glasses make you look like a cheapskate, off-duty lab technician riding a bike. But they've come on a bit in the last few years.

http://www.sevsafe.c...#aA_2fBSPIFLASH

You still need a big face to carry off the look though. Otherwise see above.

I have two pairs of Bolle safety sunglasses, some I got from work not sure what model they are and a pair of Silium's. They are both superb IMHO, I really cannot see any point spending more unless you like big brand names (I can't afford too).

chugsy

But I wear glasses, and can't bear the thought of contact lenses. No off-the-shelf sunglasses for me! :sad:

me too! Tried some Blocs with a prescription insert but they sat so close they brushed my eyelashes... ended up buying some Aldi specials and a glue gun - bodged in an old pair of lenses. Happy days!

rb58

Enigma
I prefer interchangeable lenses, so I can change them to suit the conditions - particularly if doing an all-day ride, or an overnight ride, or one which straddles both day and night. Clear lenses for night time, changing to one of a range of sunglass lenses for day time. Mine are Kuota (£20 in the sale IIRC). Agree with the point about 100% UV protection as well.

Top Bottom