New suspended trike prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulM

Guru
So, I'm considering a suspended trike. Thought I'd look at the cost of the cheapest new configurations and keep an eye out on flea-bay. Decided rear suspension is enough (front suspension not required) but for efficiency reasons would prefer those trikes where the chain line is free to move both above and below the swing arm pivot - ICE Sprint (or Adventure) RS, Catrike Road and Azub Tricon 20" (26" option avalilable but my preference is 20"). The others having a potential for lossy pogo effect being HPV, Performer and Stein Trikes offerings.

Prices are:

Azub Tricon with 5% winter discount about £2020 - separable, drum brakes, not folding, Alivio 24 speed, rear mudguard
ICE Sprint RS about £2385 - foldable, drum brakes, std 11-32 cassette, SRAM X7, rear mudguard
Catrike Road about £2465 - neither separable or foldable, SRAM X7 and FSA Gossamer 10 speed, rear mudguard
HPV Scorpion about £2295 - non-foldable/separable, 24 speed dual drive, no mudguards
Performer Trike-X about £1700 - non-foldable/separable, 27 speed (Acera?)
Stein Trikes Nomad about £1990 (delivery charge extra?) - separable, 24 speed

They all have their pros and cons. I don't think there's a clear winner and there are may options for Azub, ICE and HPV

OP
OP
P

PaulM

Guru
In terms of weight and bearing in mind that some listed wieights include pedals, flags etc and some don't, I'd say the Sprint, Road, and Scorpion are within 1Kg of each other, then probably the Tricon with the Nomad and the Trike-X as the heaviest.

Top Bottom