new tablet won't do emicons - resolved

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone any ideas on why my new tablet using opera as the Web browser won't do emicons. I can get them up and see them, ad them in but then they instantly disappear. However if I type the code for them they stay put.

They work fine on my android phone (Sony Xperia XP) using opera just not on the tablet (Sony Xperia tablet Z2)in opera. Both are using opera full version

And can we get this enabled for everyone?
:tongue:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There are a few such quirks with the Opera mobile browser. Posts with emoticons randomly disappear for me too. Sometimes hitting refresh brings the post back. If you click 'save draft' before adding the smiley, you are protected against losing it permanently. Test -> :hyper:. That one worked. I haven't figured out how to make sure it works though. It might be related to letting the browser autosave the draft before adding the smiley.

The thing that really annoys me is how slow the edit box is sometimes. It is hard to judge how long to hold backspace down when deleting blocks of text.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
The posts are fine, it is just the emicon that disappears almost as soon as it arrives. I just find it odd that they are fine on my phone just not on my tablet!

I am wondering if it is the keyboard layout... I have set the tablet up so that I can long press to get things like numbers and the symbols which I don't have set up on my smartphone... Shall have to have a play

if I add in a smilie, once it has disappeared I get a OBJ box with a dotted line around it just above the keyboard where the suggestions arrive for the text suggestions... I get the same on my smartphone for text, but not for emicons

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
:sad:This is what I mean...

OK curiously it has let me put one in at the start but not where I am currently typin.. Now even more confused...

Screenshot_2014-11-10-10-45-00.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The Android Opera mobile/CC combination is flaky, I tell you!

I have noticed a few Javascript problems and I think this is one of them. It might be related to a draft of the post getting saved at the moment when trying to insert the smiley, which you could test by manually saving a draft to reset the draft timer and immediately inserting a smiley.

Ha - typical ... I have just been carrying out tests to verify my hypothesis but cannot get the problem to occur! I'm sure that if I forgot about it and went about my normal posting business then it would happen in no time at all.

Oh no - it is time for a double facepalm ...

double_facepalm.png

I forgot that I had switched to my laptop while I recharge my tablet battery - d'oh! :blush:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
What I don't quite follow us that on Android and full opera on my smartphone it works fine, but on Android and full opera on my tablet it does not.. Wondering if i have changed something on my tablet keyboard that is confusing it... On my smartphone I can type in a word like tablet and get tablet, on my tablet I type itn the word tablet and also get an icon of a tablet like so ( now types tablet to get a screen shot)

Screenshot_2014-11-10-15-27-28.png

Now to see what happens if I select it.... Tablet

Test completed.. It does and then goes.... Humph

I wonder what happens if I do this tablet
It also goes....

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Well it does seem to be an Opera browser issue because the moderator post was done in dolphin... So I either need to change browsers or learn all the code to insert between colons!

potsy

Rambler
I have trouble with smilies on my tablet too, my way round it is to long press on the smilie and 'copy' then paste it into the text where you want it, or just remember the code of the ones you use most and type them out :thumbsup:
If I click on a smilie it inserts it at the start of the text no matter where the cursor is, has been like this ever since one of the upgrades.

Top Bottom