New tacx rollers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RAYMOND

I'm selling my rollers , there tacx..cost £150, tried using them once but decided they wasn't for me.
Looking at 70 - 80 plus delivery if anyones interested, still have the box they came in.

p.s or will be willing to swap for something bike related along the same price range.

still for sale heres photos.. DCC lane hasn't been in touch tto say he still wants them.

Attachments

• Photo0573.jpg
    Photo0573.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 13
  • Photo0574.jpg
    Photo0574.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hi - I'm interested. Where are you in Yorkshire as saving delivery would help. Seen you're in Doncaster.

£70 cash? or meet 1/2 way from Dewsbury and £80 ?

I don't have much spare kit as it all gets used, apart from a pile of bikes and some Ultremo ZX tyres in red which I did 50 miles on before giving up on them as not grippy enough.

Last edited:

e-rider

crappy member
They are the tacx Antares rollers
nobody likes rollers after their first ride on them. They typically take 4-5 hours use to get really confident on them (to the point where you can 100% relax and watch TV) - then you will love them. Like many with rollers, you are quitting too soon!

OP
OP
RAYMOND

RAYMOND

Hi - I'm interested. Where are you in Yorkshire as saving delivery would help. Seen you're in Doncaster.

£70 cash? or meet 1/2 way from Dewsbury and £80 ?

I don't have much spare kit as it all gets used, apart from a pile of bikes and some Ultremo ZX tyres in red which I did 50 miles on before giving up on them as not grippy enough.
I don't drive but £70 if you collect

OP
OP
RAYMOND

RAYMOND

nobody likes rollers after their first ride on them. They typically take 4-5 hours use to get really confident on them (to the point where you can 100% relax and watch TV) - then you will love them. Like many with rollers, you are quitting too soon!
Yes I am quitting too soon but I'm happy too, I work out all year round anyway, cycle in dry weather and jog so a bit of indoor cycling won't add to my fitness.

e-rider

crappy member
Yes I am quitting too soon but I'm happy too, I work out all year round anyway, cycle in dry weather and jog so a bit of indoor cycling won't add to my fitness.
'indoor cycling' offers something that normal cycling doesn't - a controlled environment in which you can target specific workout methods; and riding rollers is a skill well worth learning - it will improve your riding/pedaling technique too. Riding on rollers is also quite fun once you can relax a bit.

Stu Smith

Veteran
Do you get a better work out on rollers rather than a turbo trainer? Or is it just personal choice ?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Do you get a better work out on rollers rather than a turbo trainer? Or is it just personal choice ?

Rollers lack resistance (generally speaking), if you want to do hard intervals you need a turbo trainer. I can barely get to tempo power on a set of Tacx rollers, in 53:12 and pedalling at 120rpm!

OP
OP
RAYMOND

RAYMOND

'indoor cycling' offers something that normal cycling doesn't - a controlled environment in which you can target specific workout methods; and riding rollers is a skill well worth learning - it will improve your riding/pedaling technique too. Riding on rollers is also quite fun once you can relax a bit.
Maybe so ..I did look at all the youtube vids of people using them too,and I know with perseverance I would be ok on them,but there you go.

Stu Smith

Veteran
Rollers lack resistance (generally speaking), if you want to do hard intervals you need a turbo trainer. I can barely get to tempo power on a set of Tacx rollers, in 53:12 and pedalling at 120rpm!
Ahh right I'll stick with the turbo..Been to the Velodrome to watch Revolution quite a few times they use rollers there before and after racing, guess this is the warm up and cool down..

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ahh right I'll stick with the turbo..Been to the Velodrome to watch Revolution quite a few times they use rollers there before and after racing, guess this is the warm up and cool down..

Yes, they are good for warming up, cooling down, keeping your legs moving between events, recovery rides, even some aerobic rides, but once you start upping the intensity to tempo or above you will struggle to get the required resistance IME. Of course, if you are less strong, then they will offer you more relevant resistance but as you get stronger, you will outgrow them.

Top Bottom