New to all this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian Christie

Hi everyone!
Getting back on the bike after many years and have decided on a hybrid for a combination of commuting and local trails.
Think I have narrowed down my choice between 2, the Maximus Urban X Trail and the Ammaco CS750.
Was wondering if any of the members have any advice or had experience of any of these bikes?
Your help would be much appreciated.

Slick

Guru
Hi everyone!
Getting back on the bike after many years and have decided on a hybrid for a combination of commuting and local trails.
Think I have narrowed down my choice between 2, the Maximus Urban X Trail and the Ammaco CS750.
Was wondering if any of the members have any advice or had experience of any of these bikes?
Your help would be much appreciated.
First off welcome to the forum.:welcome:

I've no personal experience but hopefully someone will. I do have a bit of experience riding a couple of trails up your way and was left a bit jealous of what you have on your doorstep. The Deeside way and the Buchan and Formantine way to name but 2. Make sure you give them a go, great fun.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Looking at the bikes it appears they are mostly available on line. If you are considering buying this way id strongly advise you go to a proper cycle shop instead and try them out. I've never heard of Maximus but I know Ammaco and they don't have the best reputation. Buying on line is fine if you know what you're buying and you've done your research but if its your first time out things can get difficult if there are problems with the bike. Much better to have a local shop help you over any problems you might encounter. They will also help you get the right size and fit.

There are plenty of good bikes in that price range from the likes of Specialized, Pinnacle, Trek, Scott, Marin and many others. I see there are several bike shops in Aberdeen and Evans might be a good place to start.

Good luck.

Last edited:

simon.r

Person
I had an Ammoco MTB for a while, which I kept at my then girlfriend’s house and used for occasional gentle off roading.

I can’t remember how much it cost, but it was cheap - a fraction of what I’d spend on a ‘good’ bike. With the exception of the suspension fork (which was horrible) it did the job it was intended for very well.

I think that some cheap bikes nowadays are ‘good enough’.

Edit - assuming it’s this one: https://www.cycleking.co.uk/ammaco-...raulic-disc-brakes-24-speed-lockout-fork.html it ain’t particularly cheap. There are better deals to be had and I’d be tempted to go for a rigid fork.

Last edited:
Top Bottom