New to Cycle Forums!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nichol

Hi,
Have just joined a cycle forum for the first time, so be kind.
I've recently spent way too many hours in my garage and on eBay refurbishing my old Raleigh Eclipse.
As a result. I've now got a 'new' winter bike that I'm very chuffed with, and it works.
Never having explored the inner workings of a bike before, it's been a hugely enjoyable experience.
I've found the advice on various cycle forums really useful, so I thought, why not take the plunge and join one properly.
I also own a Cannondale Synapse for summer riding, a Claud Butler Urban for touring and a Giant XTC MTB, so plenty options for the next project.
Looking forward to being part of the cyclechat community.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Welcome. Lets have a few pics and story behind the Eclipse. We have a lively "Classic and Vintage" section here (under special interests). You are new so you might not be able to post pics directly until you have few put a few messages up, but you can link to a photo sharing site or similar.

young Ed

Veteran
welcome we are all friendly and we all try to be helpful on here (i don't always suceed!)
and just remember there is no such thing as too much time in the workshop i have sometimes spent pretty much all morning on the computer researching stuff and then all afternoon in the workshop till dinner at about 7:00pm and then have come up the house at 11:30! if i don't have something to do down there i will make a problem or just rebuild a bearing or something i have just done :biggrin:
Cheers Ed
P.S: you will get loads of great advice in the above mentioned classic and vintage section and in the technical something section.

Bryony

Veteran
Hello and :welcome: to the forum, lots of friendly folk on here that will help you with any questions you may have.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Nichol and welcome to Cycle Chat!
No better place than here if you want to talk about bikes :thumbsup:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi Nichol and :welcome:.

I'm glad you've enjoyed doing up your project bike.:thumbsup:

+1 for pictures, although you need to have made a minimum number of posts (but not many) before you can upload them. A button marked "upload a file" will appear next to the "post reply" one.

Top Bottom