New to cycling? Fear not!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danjanoob

Excellent - enjoy the ride, and then come back and tell us all about it ... :thumbsup:

Other than a bit of chain noise, first ride was excellent. Only did 3 miles on local roads, but tried to get familiar with the gears and brakes. Have now adjusted the front derailuer to eliminate a slight chain tap and adjusted the rear brake, which was a bit too softly softly for my liking. Going to test in a bit. Please to report that the drop bar posture feels very natural, which is something I was worried about.

Now considering doing the 16 mile jaunt to Uni today, but reports of wind/rain in the evening are putting me off, just in case anything goes wrong :sad:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
[QUOTE 2280652, member: 259"]Excellent - and is that a record number of likes for a single post? :dance:[/quote]

62 at the moment!

Although I didn't start from zero, my story runs along the same thread. If you had told me 3 years ago what I was going to do in 2012, I would have laughed heartily, and walked away shaking my head.

And I presume that this is the case for a large chunk of the people on here too.

mark1974

great post coffeejo cheers

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
62 at the moment!

Although I didn't start from zero, my story runs along the same thread. If you had told me 3 years ago what I was going to do in 2012, I would have laughed heartily, and walked away shaking my head.

And I presume that this is the case for a large chunk of the people on here too.
A year and a half ago I used to think cyclists in the rain were out of their mind.
If you'd have told me I would soon be an all weather commuter I'd have said "Me? No way!"

Top Bottom